Sword of Air... Do you have it?

Advertise commercial OSR products here
SirGreatNose

Sword of Air... Do you have it?

Post by SirGreatNose »

I have a number of Frog God books, and love them all, but the price on 'Sword of Air' keeps me from taking the plunge. Everything I've heard about it, makes it sound like the be-all-end-all of S&W resources. Does anyone here have it? If you do, how would you rate it against other Frog God books? Is it the 'must have' that it seems to be? Also, how easy is it to use?

I could actually afford it at the moment, I just don't want to shell out that kind of money on one book, only to realize that I don't really need it. :|

SirGreatNose

Re: Sword of Air... Do you have it?

Post by SirGreatNose »

Woots! Nevermind! Thanks to the 30% off sale this weekend, I'm reading the PDF and anxiously awaiting the hardcover. So far, it looks to be the masterpiece I had hoped it would be. Seriously, Bill Webb is in the upper tier of his field.

And it's in gorgeous full color this time, too.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

That looks amazing... but a bit too steep for me for just a PDF. How many pages is it?

SirGreatNose

Post by SirGreatNose »

If you get their mailer, there's a code for 30% off on everything at Frog God this weekend. That makes the PDF 42 bucks, but you can get the hardcover book and PDF for free for 69 dollars. But even at full price, this is more than worth it.

It's 431 pages. There is enough content here to play for years. You can literally roll up new characters, and play their entire careers with this. It's like a lifetime campaign sandbox. Not to mention the best realized setting, in the Lost Lands. Bill Webb has playtested this for decades!

Best RPG purchase I've ever made. :mrgreen:

SirGreatNose

Post by SirGreatNose »

The book finally came in the mail yesterday. I was not expecting the pages to be glossy. This is an extremely high quality product.

Anyway, enough of my gushing.