Different Forum Theme

Post here if you have a question or think we can add a useful feature or new forum topic.
Bravesteel

Different Forum Theme

Post by Bravesteel »

I was thinking about this earlier today. It would be great if we could have a theme other than the current "white-space" one. I may be alone in this, but I absolutely dislike reading through websites with tons of white space. If this isn't feasible it isn't a big deal, but I thought I'd bring it up! :)
"Est Sularis oth Mithas. My honor is my life."

merias
Site Admin

Re: Different Forum Theme

Post by merias »

Bravesteel wrote:I was thinking about this earlier today. It would be great if we could have a theme other than the current "white-space" one. I may be alone in this, but I absolutely dislike reading through websites with tons of white space. If this isn't feasible it isn't a big deal, but I thought I'd bring it up! :)
I'm not averse to changing the theme, but I assume you mean the desktop site theme? Do you have a phpbb3 theme in mind, or do you mean to just tweak the existing theme's CSS? It would have to be friendly on my aging eyes (and, let's face it, a lot of us who started gaming in the 70s and 80s are in that same boat), usually white-space helps in that regard :). The mobile theme is quite different, I find it very nice for mobile devices or tablets.

Bravesteel

Post by Bravesteel »

merias wrote:I'm not averse to changing the theme, but I assume you mean the desktop site theme? Do you have a phpbb3 theme in mind, or do you mean to just tweak the existing theme's CSS? It would have to be friendly on my aging eyes (and, let's face it, a lot of us who started gaming in the 70s and 80s are in that same boat), usually white-space helps in that regard :). The mobile theme is quite different, I find it very nice for mobile devices or tablets.
I am referring to the desktop theme. In the settings, their is a dropdown that can allow user to switch the theme, and the theme will appear that way for them. If we could get another theme that can simply be switched out on a per-user basis then I think it would work out for everybody. Mobile theme is great, although I wish I could see what threads have new posts in them when I am on my mobile.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

I see what you mean now. If you can give me links to one (or more) phpbb3 theme(s) you would like, I can install them and make them available for people to choose from.

Bravesteel

Post by Bravesteel »

I think something like this: http://www.phpbb3styles.net/db/style/DVGFX2 would do the job!

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Bravesteel wrote:I think something like this: http://www.phpbb3styles.net/db/style/DVGFX2 would do the job!
This is installed and will appear in the list of styles in your user control panel. Let me know of any issues. I put in a quickly generated 300x100 logo similar to the one in the default theme. If you (or anyone) has a 300x100 png image that would go better with this theme, let me know.

Bravesteel

Post by Bravesteel »

merias wrote:This is installed and will appear in the list of styles in your user control panel. Let me know of any issues. I put in a quickly generated 300x100 logo similar to the one in the default theme. If you (or anyone) has a 300x100 png image that would go better with this theme, let me know.
Awesome! Let me see what I can do about a better image.

Bravesteel

Post by Bravesteel »

How does this work for a logo?

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Looks awesome, thanks! I'll upload it when I get a minute.