PDF prices at DM's Guild (DriveThru RPG) starting to increase

General gaming dicsussion
tumblingdice

PDF prices at DM's Guild (DriveThru RPG) starting to increase

Post by tumblingdice »

For as long as I've been collecting, PDFs of modules were typically $5 and hardcover books and box sets $10, at least for 1e & 2e stuff. I'm starting to see some of the modules going up in price, however. In particular, B4, S3 and S4, UK1 and UK4 and I3 are now up to between $7 and $8.

Ah well, I should just appreciate how steady the prices stayed over the past 15 years. And probably buy anything I still have yet to collect before all the prices go up.

merias
Site Admin

Re: PDF prices at DM's Guild (DriveThru RPG) starting to increase

Post by merias »

The POD prices are going up also, although they don't really need to increase that much. A good benchmark are the BFRPG POD editions, which always sell at cost. Currently the BFRPG core rules in softcover are $8.45 (USD). But for PDFs, there is so little overhead after they are created, they can't increase them too much without people getting annoyed and not buying them. I guess $7-$8 is still ok for the classics, though.

William

Re: PDF prices at DM's Guild (DriveThru RPG) starting to increase

Post by William »

Perhaps there's lots of demand for these particular adventures? On one hand that's a good thing as it keeps the classics alive. In my opinion the TSR era adventures are still the best adventures that WOTC have got (hence the rehashing of TSR adventure material that they keep on doing). I don't really like giving them my money though, but I will if there isn't a reasonable price available on the second hand market.

S3 and UK1 have gone up less, but the others have definitely taken a jump up in price. I've always loved B4 and S4, but S3 a bit less so. I've taken a look at UK1 and UK4 but I've never played them, whilst I3 I've never even skimmed (though I do believe that it's supposed to be a classic).

Bill
Swords & Wizardry....in Blackmoor!
AD&D 1e/ OSRIC
Conan
Greyhawk (1e)
Lankhmar
Ravenloft