Hello all! I am opening submissions for The Smoldering Gazette, a monthly PDF magazine for Swords & Wizardry. Each issue will be 32 pages long and, starting with the February 2017 issue, each issue will feature a theme that is suggested and voted on by the forum community. The magazine will be released through DriveThruRPG.com at the Pay What You Want level. If DriveThruRPG is not an option for whatever reason then I will release the issues in a forum post as attachments. Issues will be released monthly on the first Monday of each month, so the first issue of The Smoldering Gazette will be released on October 3rd. I will be taking submissions for the first two issues right away.
- Issue 1 - October 2016: September 30th, 2016
- Issue 2 - November 2016: October 15th, 2016*
- Issue 3 - December 2016: October 30th, 2016*
- Issue 4 - January 2017: November 30th, 2016
- Issue 5 - February 2017: December 31st, 2016
- Issue 6 - March 2017: January 31st, 2017
- Issue 7 - April 2017: February 28th, 2017
- Issue 8 - May 2017: March 31st, 2017
- Issue 9 - June 2017: April 30th, 2017
- Issue 10 - July 2017: May 31st, 2017
- Issue 11 - August 2017: June 30th, 2017
- Issue 12 - September 2017: July 31st, 2017
- Issue 13 - October 2017: August 31st, 2017
- Issue 13 - November 2017: September 30th, 2017
- Issue 13 - December 2017: October 31st, 2017
- *NOTE: These two submission dates are so close together so that I can start getting the magazine into work one month ahead of it's release.
- February 2017: TBD
- All monster entries will be in the following format:
Spider: AC: 6  HD: 2+2 HP: 9 DMG: 1d6 bite SAV: 18 HDE/XP: 5/240
Special: Poison bite, save vs poison or 1 hour of weakness, unable to fight.
- Submissions will be sent by PM here.
- I will accept submissions for all versions of Swords & Wizardry BUT the author must make it clear for which version the article was originally intended, and provide any needed suggestions or rulings to allow the material to be used in the other versions.
- No material of a pornographic or lewd nature will be published. This includes suggestions of rape etc.
- Artwork must be submitted in black and white, however, artwork intended for cover consideration may be color.
- Submissions must be placed by the last day of the month to be considered for the next "in-work" issue. (I plan to work a month ahead, so if you submit by July 31st then you will be in consideration for September's issue of TSG.
- I am always open to suggestions, just PM me here.