The Wizard's Scroll Submission Thread

General gaming dicsussion
The Wanderer

The Wizard's Scroll Submission Thread

Post by The Wanderer »

Hi Folks,
I'm taking submissions for the Wizard's Scroll zine.

Details on the blog: http://whiteboxgame.blogspot.com/2016/0 ... ardry.html

But here is the blog post:

Hi folks,
I'm now taking submissions for " The Wizard's Scroll" (working title) a new Swords & Wizardry zine.

This is a fan zine that is just starting so there is no money to pay for submissions. But you will have the glory of your name in print! Or possibly I may be able to send you a print copy or maybe a free PDF. I haven't determined the cost yet (it might be free or very low cost)

Any version of S&W is fair game but special preference will be given to White Box :) just kidding.

I'm open for anything: Art, adventures, cross word puzzles, fiction, recipes, whatever! Who has the meanest halfling stuffed pie recipe?

There is no schedule for the zine. Issues will be released when enough content is gathered. And I have one project being worked on right now. So I'll take submissions while I work on that and when I have enough content, I'll put together issue 1.

There will be a PDF on RPGNow and LULU, with a print option at LULU and Amazon.

Fight On!

Let me know if you have any questions.
White Box: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game
http://whiteboxgame.blogspot.com/

foxroe

Re: The Wizard's Scroll Submission Thread

Post by foxroe »

Not sure if this is where we should submit, but here goes...

I spit this out the other day over on the OD&D boards in an amusing thread about Carcosian minatures; there was mention of filing down the upper female anatomy on a miniature and I was inspired to come up with a "plastic surgeon" encounter. Obviously it doesn't have to be Carcosa-specific, and it's definitely WB in scope, but it might make for a fun encounter or Saturday Night Special:
Niptuk (Jale Sorcerer, LV6, AC 9 [10], HP 25, ST 12, IN 14, WI 7, DX 12, CO 10, CH 3, knows 1d6 sorcerous rituals in addition to the Veil of Dermasis detailed below)

Niptuk is utterly and irrevocably insane. Driven mad by his early plunge into forbidden sorceries, he has slowly removed all of his skin ("Jale is the wrong angle, d**n you!"). He is hideously scarred and deformed; however, he has overcome this through sorcerous ritual..

Veil of Dermasis - With this ritual, the sorcerer can create for himself a new skin, completely changing his or her appearance - male or female. This skin is indistinguishable from the real thing, but close examination will reveal that something is... off (1 in 6 chance). The skin is well preserved, lasting 3d6 weeks. The ritual requires the skins of thirteen men of the same color and the long hooked needles found only on a cactus native to the region in hex 1905, and requires 2d6 hours to perform.

Niptuk enjoys luring many unsuspecting travelers into his tower of twisted lianas, where he overcomes his guests (usually with poisoned drink or food) and drags them to his laboratory. There he seeks to "improve" them through manipulation of the flesh. His experiments tend to go horribly awry...
- Fox

The Wanderer

Post by The Wanderer »

foxroe wrote:Not sure if this is where we should submit, but here goes...
Hi Foxroe,

Send your submission to me at chuckmason21 atgmaildotcom

I have never read Carcosa, so I'm not familiar with it, but any article is fine as long as the rules are from a version of S&W.

foxroe

Post by foxroe »

Done!
- Fox

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

I hope I'll have my adventure done this weekend. Do you have enough submissions for an issue at this point?

The Wanderer

Post by The Wanderer »

merias wrote:I hope I'll have my adventure done this weekend. Do you have enough submissions for an issue at this point?
No, not yet. I'll give it about one more month and then assemble what I have into the first issue. If I don't have enough, then I'll add more of my own stuff. But I was hoping to avoid that and have more articles from other fans.

foxroe

Post by foxroe »

What types of things are you looking for?
- Fox

The Wanderer

Post by The Wanderer »

foxroe wrote:What types of things are you looking for?
Anything. This is a fanzine. So I'll accept what most people submit as long as it is for S&W and it is written well (so I don't have to heavily edit it).

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

I'm working on a White Box compatible adventure, to what extent should I supply formatting? In the end it will be some introductory text, a map and a description to go with it. I suppose plain text would be best, so that you can apply the desired formatting?

The Wanderer

Post by The Wanderer »

Wouter,
Yes, plain text would be great. I'll do all the formatting.