White Box: FMAG Errata and Updates

A forum for discussion of The Wanderer's White Box: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game
Shadow Demon

Re: White Box: FMAG Errata and Updates

Post by Shadow Demon »

The Wanderer wrote:Okay, I'm curious. What touch ups will you do in Adobe? A personal print? Do you do your own covers?

Is there anything I can do with the update to help out?
It really comes down to a clean layout which White Box is. Also, I need to find an open source freeware version of all the fonts used in the document. If so, I change it directly in the pdf document using Adobe Acrobat. For example, I could easily replace the Undead Turning Table. Change the HD column, undead examples, and the "D" with "T". Maybe I think that capitalization is overused or I want the spell names in lowercase and italicized.

Lulu allows the uploading of any unencrypted pdf to print for personal use only. In other words, the web page is closed to all but the project creator.

Recently, I have been making touch-ups to the recently released 3rd printing of S&W Complete except I going to use the 1st printing cover. One thing is reversing the borders so that they don't meet at the binding. Changing monsters from plural to singular in the tables. Correct the horrible mistakes added to the Spell List in this printing. Change the overuse of colons to periods. Just like that Lulu can print a special softcover printing for less than $5. I wait for a sale and free ground shipping.

ClawCarver

Post by ClawCarver »

Can we lose the extraneous apostrophe on the back cover?
"[...] steal it's treasure!" should be "[...] steal its treasure!"

The Wanderer

Post by The Wanderer »

Damn. Yeah I can fix that
White Box: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game
http://whiteboxgame.blogspot.com/

The Wanderer

Post by The Wanderer »

Okay folks, the window for providing fixes or updates is quickly closing. I have already updated everything I am aware of in the book. I have commissioned help to update all 3 covers for all the retail outlets. So should be done anytime now. After this, I do not expect to make any changes again anytime soon.
White Box: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game
http://whiteboxgame.blogspot.com/