Welcome!

General gaming dicsussion

Re: Welcome!

Postby merias » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:45 pm

Gelatinous Q wrote:Hi, all! John from Pittsburgh — just discovered the board and am looking forward to joining a game soon!

Welcome, John! Glad to have you, as well!
merias
Site Admin

Postby Bravesteel » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:35 pm

Hello everyone! Howard (aka Bravesteel) here! I'm from Leavenworth, Kansas (Yes, where the prisons are. Yes, let the Oz jokes commence. Yes, I'm bitter! ;)) Already dived into a few discussions. I plan on setting up a Swords & Wizardry fan magazine based at these very forums. I am also going to be recording my group's play sessions and releasing them in a podcast format. S&W deserves more exposure!
"Est Sularis oth Mithas. My honor is my life."
Bravesteel

Postby merias » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:28 pm

Bravesteel wrote:Hello everyone! Howard (aka Bravesteel) here! I'm from Leavenworth, Kansas (Yes, where the prisons are. Yes, let the Oz jokes commence. Yes, I'm bitter! ;)) Already dived into a few discussions. I plan on setting up a Swords & Wizardry fan magazine based at these very forums. I am also going to be recording my group's play sessions and releasing them in a podcast format. S&W deserves more exposure!

Let us know when you get your sessions up! I like seeing (or hearing in this case) how others play/run games. Also a big thumbs-up for a fan 'zine, we haven't really seen anything in that space since Fight-On! and Knockspell. I'd contribute material for sure.
merias
Site Admin

Postby The Wanderer » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:00 pm

Bravesteel wrote: I plan on setting up a Swords & Wizardry fan magazine based at these very forums.

That would be awesome. What would your publishing strategy be for it? Where would you release it, what format and price, etc...?
White Box: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game
http://whiteboxgame.blogspot.com/
The Wanderer

Postby Bravesteel » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:02 pm

I would probably place it on DriveThruRPG as a Pay What You Want and see where it goes. I'd rather it be a community effort, by the community, for the community. If any negligible money was made then I would see it as a donation towards my InDesign time. Format would be PDF.
"Est Sularis oth Mithas. My honor is my life."
Bravesteel

Postby The Wanderer » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:16 pm

Nice!

In that case, when you're ready, I'll contribute some White Box stuff for it.
The Wanderer

Postby foxroe » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:32 am

Hey all!

I've been away from the hobby a little while (real life and all that), but it's good to be back! I was sad to see the original S&W forums were gone, so imagine my delight when I stumbled across this new site. I hope it stays active... I really can't stand Google+!

Okay, so, intro! I'm a Scorpio who likes long walks on pirate-infested beaches, enjoys playing with his two Hellhounds George and Hermione, and my favorite color is Dolm... :mrgreen:
- Fox
foxroe

Postby The Wanderer » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:57 am

Welcome Foxroe!
The Wanderer

Postby merias » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:24 am

foxroe wrote:Hey all!

I've been away from the hobby a little while (real life and all that), but it's good to be back! I was sad to see the original S&W forums were gone, so imagine my delight when I stumbled across this new site. I hope it stays active... I really can't stand Google+!

Okay, so, intro! I'm a Scorpio who likes long walks on pirate-infested beaches, enjoys playing with his two Hellhounds George and Hermione, and my favorite color is Dolm... :mrgreen:

Welcome, foxroe! I hope to see more of those who once frequented the original forums.
merias
Site Admin

Postby tumblingdice » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:37 pm

Hey everyone. Longtime member on the Goblinoid Games forums, but have always loved S&W as well: the simplicity, the artwork, and the affordable print versions on Lulu. Heck, I even like the name. Doug, thanks for putting together and managing this forum.
tumblingdice

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat