Welcome!

General gaming dicsussion
Wodwulf_Seaxaning

Re: Welcome!

Post by Wodwulf_Seaxaning »

New here, though I have never played any edition of S&W yet I plan to after my current Role Master United play-test campaign is over; though it might be with a second group as I doubt S&W will appeal to them. The guys I game with love 5e D&D (except me & one other) & prefer crunchy new school games - I just want to get back to Old School D&D/AD&D gaming but can't do it with my current group.

Though I like G+ fine it can be hard to find posts after a bit unless they have a ton of replies. I prefer traditional forums for in depth convos about games. I am awaiting my print copy of my 3rd printing of S&W Complete before I start searching for a new group to run it with. I'll be looking for a good White Box edition (be it S&W or the other ones like White Box FAMG or the White Box Omnibus) in print. I need to go through my S&W Core pdf & see if it'll be worthwhile to buy a print copy of it too.

BTW before I forget & post this, I want to thank merias for creating this forum as I miss the old one.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Welcome to the forum, Wodwulf!

I agree with you regarding G+. I like it for staying in touch with my Roll20 friends, but it is a poor archive.
Find a copy of S&W that you like and dive in. If you have any questions or comments as you delve into the game, post it on the forum.
I'm not an expert, but there are some wise guys on the boards here...or should that be wiseguys? :lol:

Rules or editions shouldn't matter as long as you are having fun.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Welcome, Wodwulf! Glad to have you.

Artemis

Post by Artemis »

Hey! New here!
Compulsive roleplayer, mostly passionate Referee, I've recently discovered the WB FMAG goodness and now I'm jumping into S&W complete.
I played almost every relevant ruleset, still open to experiment with new mindsets, but in general i like the os approach. :)

Gonna love this system and I hope to find some inspiration and deadly friends around here!!

Cheers!!!

rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Welcome Artemis!
—Ron—
Holy Schmidt He swears by his pretty floral bonnet...
Cure Light Wounds -- 3/ 3 Updated: 3/18/2024
Bind wounds for 1d3 after each combat

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Hello, Artemis! Glad to have you join the forum!

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Welcome, Artemis!

ClawCarver

Post by ClawCarver »

Welcome aboard, Artemis!

Black_Pudding

Post by Black_Pudding »

Hello, Bluck_Pudding here! Played just everything under the sun but at my age, I'm just not really into crunchy systems as my time is limited. Looking for a place to relax and chill with like-minded players and GMs.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Welcome to the Forum, Black Pudding!
I agree with you completely about time constraints and finding something to play that doesn't get too bogged down.

I have a play by post on the forum, check it out and consider joining if you feel like it (Beyond the Borderlands).

What games do you enjoy most? I started with B/X dnd and have played a few others. Now, I am wanting to get back to simpler times and simpler rules. If you haven't checked out Whitebox:Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game, you'd be glad you did. It is all you need to run a fun game.