My House Rules - Northwind

General gaming dicsussion
JMiskimen

My House Rules - Northwind

Post by JMiskimen »

I converted my OD&D game to Swords and Wizardry for convenience. Too many different systems and books. I created this pdf to simplify things for myself mostly, for my players secondly - as they really don't care what game we play as long as the campaign continues.

I thought there might be interest in posting it here. I have drawn from many source - some of which are uncredited in the pdf itself - but I don't want to make money on this anyway. I'm just gonna print it for my own uses - if anyone else does that, hell; I don't care - GAME ON, I say.

Some of the sources include Shinobi and Samurai, Ruins and Ronin, (The Eastern flavour has been a strong one in the campaign, especially for my 11 year old son ...) Whitebox Heroes, SW White-box, Core, and a little Complete. It's a joyful mess ...

Swords & Wizardry - Northwind
Last edited by JMiskimen on Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

merias
Site Admin

Re: My House Rules - Northwind

Post by merias »

This is really, really awesome. I've only skimmed it (it's long!) but I see the eastern influence, as well as some pulp influences. Making it your own game is really what it is about, and, as you say, the players seldom care which game they play, as long as they are having fun.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Holy Crap! This is wonderful!

I especially like the rune magic.

You need to run a pbp game on this site. I would love to take part in a melee of samurai and vikings!

JMiskimen

Post by JMiskimen »

Thanks for the kind words, gents. I just hope there's something in the tome you can use in your games too. As for running a game around here - I've never done anything like that before - but maybe some day soon ... You've certainly got me thinking about it ... I'll let ya know when. ;)

Maliki

Post by Maliki »

Very Impressive.

golan2072

Post by golan2072 »

Impressive and interesting...
We are but a tiny candle flickering against the darkness of our times.

Stellagama Publishing - Visit our Blog, Den of the Lizard King