Has anyone played / run Gary and the Monsters ?

Discuss Swords & Wizardry derivatives like X-plorers, White Star or White Lies
Bastable

Has anyone played / run Gary and the Monsters ?

Post by Bastable »

As the title of this post suggests I was wondering if anyone has played , or run Gary and the Monsters . It seemed a very interesting game to me and thought I would see if anyone here feels the same !?
Be excellent to each other !!

LouGoncey

Re: Has anyone played / run Gary and the Monsters ?

Post by LouGoncey »

Have it -- I played a short campaign based on the movie Demons. Demons are basically fast zombies. Players start out at a coffee shop across from the theater where the possessions start. Much fun was had...

Planning a Halloween adventure set in Antartica. My players know I am a huge JC's THE THING fan, so I am going to throw then a curveball. The adventure is loosely based on the Wendingo myth presented in THE LAST WINTER combined with a typical slasher story based at the camp. Should be fun.

Bravesteel

Post by Bravesteel »

I had never heard of this. I'll have to look it up. :)
"Est Sularis oth Mithas. My honor is my life."

Bastable

Post by Bastable »

Bastable wrote:As the title of this post suggests I was wondering if anyone has played , or run Gary and the Monsters . It seemed a very interesting game to me and thought I would see if anyone here feels the same !?
It is currently available on Lulu . I purchased it on my last spree on Lulu , have not brought it to the table yet . Its very cool and I would certainly recomend checking it out .

Bastable

Post by Bastable »

LouGoncey wrote:Have it -- I played a short campaign based on the movie Demons. Demons are basically fast zombies. Players start out at a coffee shop across from the theater where the possessions start. Much fun was had...

Planning a Halloween adventure set in Antartica. My players know I am a huge JC's THE THING fan, so I am going to throw then a curveball. The adventure is loosely based on the Wendingo myth presented in THE LAST WINTER combined with a typical slasher story based at the camp. Should be fun.
Thanks for sharing Lou . Sounds interesting . Good gaming ;)

LouGoncey

Post by LouGoncey »

Greatest thing about GARY VS THE MONSTERS is how it shows you, with just a little tweaking, the base 0e engine can be changed for another genre -- the original three little books mention that eventually the game can be expanded to other genres. This is how to do it...