Chapter 4 Rescue Mission to Harkbone

Jcftao's Whitebox Campaign
Wouter

Re: Chapter 4 Rescue Mission to Harkbone

Post by Wouter »

Alexander nudges Milton: "Listen! Do you reckon Felicity, and maybe other girls taken from Harkbone as well, is kept there?" He says as he points to the building on the southwest.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Milton nods sagely, Always possible. I shall check and he sneaks over there post-haste.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Milton deftly moves to the nearby building. His footsteps are noiseless as he pads across the yard.

Peering into a window, Milton spies two older women and a young girl (perhaps 10 years old). They are working at a long table, rolling out dough and stirring a large kettle in the fireplace. Their faces look somber and Milton senses no sign of joy as they work.

"Marta, finish up the bread and Greta, go fetch more wood for the fire. The huntsman will be returning from the forests soon. Hopefully, he will have a brace of rabbits or fowl for Lord Dunsley's table."

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Milton tries to silently get one of the girls' attention.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

The young girl looks up and sees Milton's visage peering through the window. The sudden appearance of a giant frog head startles the girl. She lets out a sharp cry and drops a bowl. It clatters to the floor. The women look at her first to see what in heaven's name she is doing.

Milton, will you stay framed in the window, or duck your head down out of sight?
2d6 roll resulted in 4! This bodes ill for reactions by NPCs.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Milton will stay in the window and smile broadly, trying to look as friendly as possible

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Alexander will move towards the building, should Milton's charming smile prove insufficient and a pretty face be needed.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

One of the ladies begins to scold the girl and then looks up at Milton's smiling visage.
"Gods preserve us! You startled us, sir! We don't see many Rana here...well, except for milord Dunsley's man, Gubbins. My husband once knew a Rana that lived near a lake to the south of here."

She continues to ramble on. Milton feels that this is more a part of nervousness than anything else.

Alexander approaches and the ladies curtsy. "My goodness! His lordship didn't say nothing about guests coming today...especially a young knight."

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Milton continues to smile, deferring to Alexander to be the spokesman

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Alexander bows politely: "The pleasure is all mine, milady. I must urge you to keep your voice down, though. My friend and I are here on a special mission and must remain unnoticed. Do you know if your master is at his mansion right now?"