Chapter 4 Rescue Mission to Harkbone

Jcftao's Whitebox Campaign

Moderator: jcftao

Re: Chapter 4 Rescue Mission to Harkbone

Postby Wouter » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:30 pm

Alexander slightly bows his head at Milton's lesson in humility: "You are right to say so, my friend. Thank you for reminding me."
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Chapter 4 Rescue Mission to Harkbone

Postby greyarea » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:51 pm

Milton winks, It'd be my head on the copping block too, if Lord Wickersham were to catch word.
User avatar
greyarea
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Re: Chapter 4 Rescue Mission to Harkbone

Postby jcftao » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:26 pm

Sgt Gustafson rallies his men and takes account of the villagers.

He reports back to Milton and Alexander, addressing Alexander but keeping a respectful eye on MIlton, "Milord, there are a score of able bodied men amongst the villagers. The rest are broken down from lack of decent food. The kids, old folks, and men all total fourty four, just as villager Sep said. My men are helping them gather up any belongings they may carry...not much to speak of though."

"If'n I may be so bold to ask, sir, do you think the villagers are in any shape for battle? There's nary a shield amongst them and only rakes and forks for weaponry. Other than Sep wanting to get his daughter back, the others just look beat down...there's no fire in their bellies for a fight."

"What'll be your orders? I can split them into two groups and have some of my men escort one group back to Wickersham. If they don't encounter anything on the road, that'll be a blessing for certain..."
User avatar
jcftao
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am

Re: Chapter 4 Rescue Mission to Harkbone

Postby Wouter » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:04 pm

Alexander decidedly shakes his head at the sergeant's words: "No, not the villagers. They should be taken back to the safe haven that is Wickersham as soon as possible." He thinks Gus' suggestion over out loud: "So that leaves seven or eight men, Milton, Aldarren, and myself to lay siege upon Lord Dunley and his guard..." He turns to Milton and Aldarren: "I don't like the odds... What do you think..?"
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Chapter 4 Rescue Mission to Harkbone

Postby greyarea » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:11 pm

Milton replies, I haven't liked these odds from the start. But since I was a mere pollywog, I've never let the odds stop me. Lord Wickersham is depending on us. And I've got a bone to pick since they throttled me for no good reason.

Let's do this.
User avatar
greyarea
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Re: Chapter 4 Rescue Mission to Harkbone

Postby Wouter » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:24 pm

Alexander is once more struck by the Rana's display of bravery and determination, and he acknowledges his perseverance with a firm nod.
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Chapter 4 Rescue Mission to Harkbone

Postby jcftao » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:53 am

20th of February, 2nd Year of GodFall -- late in the night

Sgt. Gustafson
has a concerned look on his face and says, "Alright, Milord. I shall escort the villagers back to Wickersham with nine good men, this will leave you with six men-at-arms plus your company. Corporal Brenning will lead the men. I pray to Theos that you will have the numbers."

Frederick has been contemplative as of late. He agrees to continue southward to Dunley's manor to rescue Sep's daughter and any other captives there.

The sergeant makes ready the villagers to move out during the night. "Be safe! And we will be awaiting you all in Wickersham soon!" With that, he leads the ragged group into the night, torches bright to light the way.

Before the group leaves, the villager Sep comes to you and pleads with you, "Lords, let me help you. I can lead you overland to the manor of Dunsley. Let me be there when justice is served."

What are your actions?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Party Status
Aldarren, R1, AC14, HP 16/16, ST14, battle ax and shortbow
Alexander, F1, AC15, HP 8/8, ST14, bastard sword and shortbow
Frederick, Monk1, AC11, HP 7/7, ST15, pole arm and longbow
Milton, T1, AC14, HP 5/5, ST15, bastard sword and shortbow

NPCs
6 Men-at-arms, AC14, HD1, HP 5/5, ST17, sword, light crossbow, ring mail, and shield
User avatar
jcftao
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am

Re: Chapter 4 Rescue Mission to Harkbone

Postby Wouter » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:35 pm

Alexander grabs Sep by the shoulders: "Your help is much appreciated, Sep. We will do everything to save your daughter from this power lust ridden tyrant." He then turns to corporal Brenning: "Instruct your men to follow this man's lead, corporal!" And to the party: "May Theos' will be in our favor, my friends... For New Wickersham, and the king!"
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Chapter 4 Rescue Mission to Harkbone

Postby jcftao » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:14 am

Sep, the villager, leads your company through brambles and hidden trails, over hills and through creeks, in and out of woods until the sun begins to dawn in the east.

"It was my good pleasure to assist the game keeper for his lordship when I was but a lad. Some of the trees have grown a bit since then, but I still recognize the land."

He pauses and and points to the south, "Over that rise, the manor of Lord awaits. I cannot say how many men are there, but I can be certain that we have arrived before any of Dunley's men from Harkbone."

You remember that a half dozen or so, we scattered after their defeat in the village.

What are your plans?
User avatar
jcftao
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am

Re: Chapter 4 Rescue Mission to Harkbone

Postby Wouter » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:33 pm

"You knowledge of the surroundings has been quite valuable, Sep." Says Alexander as he peers through the foliage towards the rise. "Let's see if we can get a view of the mansion once we climb the rise. We must act quickly while we still have the advantage of making our move before Dunley's men arrive."

Alexander scurries up the rise and looks down: can he see the mansion? If so, is there any sign of activity? Guards? Village people? Is there any light to be seen?
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

PreviousNext

Return to Pendria--God Fall

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron