Chapter 5 Return to Wickersham

Jcftao's Whitebox Campaign
greyarea

Re: Chapter 5 Return to Wickersham

Post by greyarea »

Milton nods sternly and bows. Falling to one knee, he says,I have served you well in the past, and I will continue to do so. You have my oath.

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Alexander bows to Sir Miles: "For all good that was created by the almighty Theos, I will pledge my knight's honor to you. For Claire, the Temple, New Wickersham, and Cormandy."

Son_of_Sod

Post by Son_of_Sod »

Thorhall, not one for formalities, slaps his hand down on the table and says I will make the blood of your enemies flow through your rivers and valleys. I will help you like hand helps hand or foot helps foot! You have my pledge.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Others in the hall raise their voices in agreement. Several men appear to show some restraint. One man, dressed in fine wool, sits unmoved by the speech. He and several men around him make some comments to each other. Also, across the room, three large bearded men dressed in furs and having an untamed look about them, are huddling together.

The man in fine wool stands up, "This is all well and fine, Sir Miles, but I am one noble who will not give up lands that have been in my family for generations. I shall join you in the fight to regain our country, but I will not recognize any low born knights. Give away your lands, sir. I care not what you do with your property. I shall bend my knee to you but not to any common mercenaries."

Sir MIles tries to be tactful, but you can hear the tension in the room, "Sir Lyons, your allegiance will suffice for now, but know that these 'common men' may one day host an army to come to your aid!"

One of the shaggy bearded men stands, "I am Brun, chieftain of the Fox Clan. Are people are called the Bern. Many of you are kin folk of my people mixed in blood with the men of Pendria to the south. My people have lived in settlements among the hills and forests of this land long before it was called Cormandy. My people know that nobility is not a thing to pass from father to son. We believe that leaders are born in strife and battle. Wisdom does not always follow from a father to son. My people will stand with Wickersham because he speaks truth. My people will join with you but we must have a treaty to maintain the Bern's territory."

Sir Miles responds, "There are many threats to mankind...together we are steadfast...together we are stronger."

This is the end of Chapter 5.

Chapter 6 For King and Country?