Chapter 5 Return to Wickersham

Jcftao's Whitebox Campaign
jcftao

Re: Chapter 5 Return to Wickersham

Post by jcftao »

merias wrote:Tarmo thanks Erlene for the hospitality. After dinner he works on his arrow by the fire, then turns in to get an early start.
Cut scene to the castle gatehouse, where Milton and Alexander are conversing with the guard...

Milton and Alexander, you may try to convince the guard to let you pass, go back to your hospital bed and wait until morning, or do something else?

What do you do?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Near the door of the meeting hall, Tarmo and Thorhall see a notice board. The town has a crier for proclaiming important messages, but the message board here is another means of posting notices from townsfolk who are needing help with a special type of job or needing particular resources.

OOC--a question for all of our PCs....looking at your character stats and classes, I would say that Milton is likely to be able to read. I don't know about Alexander...
Tarmo is the son of a upper class landholder and may have had some education, but Thorhall probably didn't spend much time on the school books...

I will let you decide if you think your character is able to read and write, you make the call...but please let me know.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

ooc - yes that seems likely for Tarmo to be literate.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Looking over the message board, Tarmo sees the following notices...

------------------------
Assistant Weapons Master needed! Only skilled persons need apply. Contact the Captain of the Guard, Wickersham Castle.
------------------------
Needing adventure in your life? Wait no more! Join the Night Watch. Able bodied men report to Captain Orso, Town Watch, River Gate District.
------------------------
A young woman has written a note asking for information on her missing husband, Valen Goodwell, a book seller.
------------------------
A notice for help needed in repairing the town walls. Experience stone masons are urgently needed. Dwarves welcome! Contact Obed Farling, Mason Guild.
------------------------
Wanted--Horses and Cattle needed for our town. Any information will be helpful, contact Captain of the Guard, Wickersham Castle.

Son_of_Sod

Post by Son_of_Sod »

ooc- no Thorhall is probably not literate

Thorhall will just wait for Tarmo to explain it if he cares to

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Tarmo reads the notices to Thorhall.

"I could not abide being here in Town for too long, and I don't think you can, either, my wild friend. I suggest we pay a visit to Mrs. Goodwell," Tarmo says.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Milton says to the town guard, We have urgent business within, my good man. Is the Captain of the Guard available? We need to speak to the wizard with urgent business, and need the Captain to accompany us so he can take necessary action!

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

greyarea wrote:Milton says to the town guard, We have urgent business within, my good man. Is the Captain of the Guard available? We need to speak to the wizard with urgent business, and need the Captain to accompany us so he can take necessary action!
The guard considers this request for a moment, then orders another guardsman from within the gate house to summon the Captain of the Watch.

"Wait here...he's not going to like it, but well...you're the Heroes of Harkbone...so I guess it must be important."

About five minutes later, a soldier walks through the entryway, he is putting on his sword belt as he strides towards you.

"Milton, Sir Alexander...what brings you out at such a late hour?"

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Milton says to the Captain of the Guard, We need to speak to the wizard with urgent business, and need you to accompany us so in case you need to take action! I suspect treachery!

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

The Captain does not hesitate, motioning to two guards he says, "Go awaken Sir Miles, see to his safety, I will accompany Sir Alexander and Milton to the tall tower. Make haste!"

To Milton he replies, "I will not take this lightly, I trust that you consider this a matter of the most serious nature?"

As the captain walks to the tower with Milton, Alexander, and three guardsmen, he listens to Milton's account.

A short walk into the inner courtyard, they make their way to a tall tower, the upper most rooms are broken and crumbling. A heavy iron door sits in the lower entrance and a small oil lantern hangs from a hook near the door.