Chapter 7 -- In Search of a Book Seller

Jcftao's Whitebox Campaign
Post Reply
User avatar
jcftao
Posts: 1483
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am
Contact:

Re: Chapter 7 -- In Search of a Book Seller

Post by jcftao »

Etarr_the_Good wrote:Balthar extends a ration to Edgar and stands up. "Shall I accompany Dern?"
"No, lad. Stay by the fire, the weather still brings a chill to the air and if you go exploring the ruins you will soon enough miss the warmth of this fire. He will return shortly and then we can explore as a group." He holds up a bottle of wine to Balthar.

User avatar
greyarea
Posts: 725
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Re: Chapter 7 -- In Search of a Book Seller

Post by greyarea »

Milton stays close-ish. He keeps an eye out for Dern but tries to look "natural" doing it.

User avatar
jcftao
Posts: 1483
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am
Contact:

Re: Chapter 7 -- In Search of a Book Seller

Post by jcftao »

Edgar Bass stands up and calls out to Milton, "Rana, stay put, warm your frog feet by the fire...I will go and check on those rascals myself."

Edgar gets up and moves out of the ruins.

User avatar
merias
Site Admin
Posts: 1106
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 am
Location: Eastern Townships, Québec
Contact:

Re: Chapter 7 -- In Search of a Book Seller

Post by merias »

Tarmo whispers to his companions "This is a bit odd, don't you think? Let's make haste away from this encampment. If they are planning a surprise, I'd rather not be here. Maybe they are just cowards...I'm open to suggestions, perhaps underground is safest, or perhaps we retreat to our former approach and watch what happens." He quickly grabs his pack and readies his bow, for now headed towards the hole/tunnel in the other ruins.

ooc: Does Tarmo hear anything from the woods? Which direction did the three men take away from camp? That might help us make a decision as to which way to go.

User avatar
jcftao
Posts: 1483
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am
Contact:

Re: Chapter 7 -- In Search of a Book Seller

Post by jcftao »

Tarmo moves for the outside....

"Wait! Stay and share the fire....my companions will soon return and you can make the greatest sacrifice in your meaningless and wretched lives..."

His eyes have grown wild and a little spittle flies from his mouth as he speaks.


Tarmo does not see either men that left earlier.

User avatar
greyarea
Posts: 725
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Re: Chapter 7 -- In Search of a Book Seller

Post by greyarea »

Milton sticks close to Tarmo, his bow out and ready. He whispers, Edgar is not to be trusted. Let us move away from this fire!

User avatar
merias
Site Admin
Posts: 1106
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 am
Location: Eastern Townships, Québec
Contact:

Re: Chapter 7 -- In Search of a Book Seller

Post by merias »

Tarmo wastes no time and lets fly two arrows at the crazy Edgar.

User avatar
Etarr_the_Good
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:27 am

Re: Chapter 7 -- In Search of a Book Seller

Post by Etarr_the_Good »

Balthar agrees and follows his companions.

User avatar
greyarea
Posts: 725
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Re: Chapter 7 -- In Search of a Book Seller

Post by greyarea »

Milton let's fly a pair of arrows too, instinctively assisting his companion

User avatar
jcftao
Posts: 1483
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am
Contact:

Re: Chapter 7 -- In Search of a Book Seller

Post by jcftao »

OOC--Well...that's a fine way to treat your host! :lol:

Ok...first things first...

Rolling for Initiative....PCs=4, Poor Old Edgar Bass=1

Edgar's eyes grow even wider as the PCs turn to skewer him with arrows.

Tarmo draws his bow with practiced ease, the first arrow flies wide but Tarmo's second arrow nicks Edgar in the right leg. [1 damage]

Milton pulls his bow and follows suit...his first arrow strikes Edgar solidly in the left shoulder! [3 points damage] and the second arrow misses its mark!

Balthar moves like a panther...his sword flashing...but the blade slides off of the man's chainmail.

Thorhall yells a battle cry of his northman tribe and falls upon Edgar with his battle axe! [7 points of damage!] The two handed cut sinks the axe blade deep into the man's shoulder. Edgar Bass dies...spittle still on his lips.

The ruins are quiet...the four companions stand silent over the fallen foe.

What are your actions?

Post Reply