Chapter 7 -- In Search of a Book Seller

Jcftao's Whitebox Campaign
merias
Site Admin

Re: Chapter 7 -- In Search of a Book Seller

Post by merias »

Tarmo takes a swig of wine and passes it to Thorhall."My thanks. I'm sure you've seen the tunnel.." Tarmo points to the other part of the ruins. "But we have no plans as of yet."

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

No strategy. I assume you've explored a bit more than we, how might you approach it? asks the Rana.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Edgar Bass points his thumb over his shoulder..."I don't know what tunnel you're talking about...but's there's a big hole in the ground just over there behind that rubble pile."

"We've not gone down past the first room, it must be the basement of the old monastery. Looking around there made us rethink our plan. We're not strong enough, but no you are here...well that's a different story now."

Etarr_the_Good

Post by Etarr_the_Good »

Yes, our strength is increased should we join forces. But I leave that decision to Milton, Tarmo and Thorhall. I too must prove myself." says Balthar.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Strong enough for what? Is there a stuck portal? A horde of skeletons? What’s in that first room that set you back? asks Milton.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Edgar Bass looks Milton squarely in the eye, "I'm used to fighting men on the battlefield. Give me an open field and the sun at my back and I will let the gods throw dice on my fate. Underground is another matter entirely. I'm not sure we'd even want to explore this ruins after all. Maybe my partners and I can help you scout the area for those two lads?"

He takes a sip, and you see his hands tremble a bit, and then he passes the bottle around again.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Edgar Bass looks at the dwindling flames. "Where's that cur run off to now? Probably found a nest of grouse, aye?"

He looks at the other man, "Dern, go find Preston. And while you're out there, look for some wild onions and tubers. A good stew may come out of this yet!"

Dern hops up and heads out in search of his comrade.

"Do any of you lads have any morsels on you? It's been a long while between hearty meals...and skinny game birds don't provide much meat especially now that our company has grown."

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Tarmo reaches in his pack for some rations he can share. "We're happy to explore ourselves if you don't feel up to it," he says to Edgar." But we could use the services of brave men such as yourselves."

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

The Rana agrees silently.

Etarr_the_Good

Post by Etarr_the_Good »

Balthar extends a ration to Edgar and stands up. "Shall I accompany Dern?"