Chapter 7 -- In Search of a Book Seller

Jcftao's Whitebox Campaign
greyarea

Re: Chapter 7 -- In Search of a Book Seller

Post by greyarea »

merias wrote:ooc: thinking we should spread out around the tower, Tarmo can then talk to them. If they get all stabby at least some of us can flank them.
Agreed

Etarr_the_Good

Post by Etarr_the_Good »

Balthar agrees to the plan. "Good luck, Tarmo. We have your back". Balthar moves to a spot out of site of the ruffians but still able to observe the exchange.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Tarmo advances quietly with his companions, urging them out of sight. He readies his bow and stops perhaps 20 feet from the men.

He loudly clears his throat. "Hail, our band of fighting men is exploring these ruins in search of some wayward townfolk, we mean no harm but have you surrounded. These days one cannot be too careful with strange travelers. Can I speak with your leader?"

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

One of the men, in chainmail, stands up and looks around before clearing his throat.

"We met, friend! We are also planning to explore the ruins. If you are willing, we would join with you and divide any treasure equally? How many men are you? We are just three...two brothers...Preston and Dern...and I am Edgar Bass retired soldier from the 10th Regiment, KIng's Guard."

He tears off a leg of grouse and holds it out to Tarmo..."Come, lad! Eat...you look like you could use some meat on your bones."

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

"Well met, Edgar Bass. These are my companions, Milton and Balthar," Tarmo says, motioning to the others to show themselves. "I will join you for a bite to eat, thank you. We are in search of farmer Skinner's sons, perhaps you know of them? They may have fallen in with an evil priest in these parts."

Tarmo relaxes a bit, stowing his bow but keeping an idle hand on his axe. He then moves in to sit with Edgar and his men.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Milton remains wary but emerges to join the others.

Etarr_the_Good

Post by Etarr_the_Good »

Balthar sheathes his sword, emerges to join the others, and raises his hand in greeting.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Thorhall, the northman strides into the ruins also.

Edgar smiles at the newfound company, "Looks like we will need another grouse! Come, friends, warm yourself by the fire. I believe we still have a jug of wine yet to kill."

He pokes the fire, making a frown at the dwindling flames, "Preston, hop off and fetch some more wood, maybe you can spot another grouse while you're at it."

The leather clad man grabs his bow and moves off to find some fuel.

"So, lads, tell me more about these Skinner lads you are hunting? Are they wanted men or just waifs that wandered away from their wet nurse?"

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

More the second than the first, truth be told, replies the Rana. They were ensorcelled by a priest of Heimos and lead astray. We've been asked to round them up. We're also seeking one Valen Goodwell, who might be mixed up in this whole mess, but might not. Who knows.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Edgar Bass pauses for a moment and strokes his beard, "Hmmmm, well I can't say we've seen anyone like that since we've been here. We're not looking to run into anyone, just hoping to salvage some items of long forgotten treasure."

He pulls out the bottle of wine and takes a long pull.

Handing it to Tarmo, "Here, lad. Have a belt of this. Good wine's been hard to find since GodFall."

"What be your plan of attack with these ruins?"