Chapter 7 -- In Search of a Book Seller

Jcftao's Whitebox Campaign
greyarea

Re: Chapter 7 -- In Search of a Book Seller

Post by greyarea »

Milton whispers, Let me flush ‘em and leaps to the column to the right, sword flashing, trying to engage or flush him out (and ready to leap back if things get bad!)

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Tarmo draws his bow and waits, ready to fire if he gets a decent shot.

Etarr_the_Good

Post by Etarr_the_Good »

Balthar, will draw his sword, ready if the cultists should advance with their daggers. (OCC: I forget if I have a shield. DM?)

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Etarr_the_Good wrote:Balthar, will draw his sword, ready if the cultists should advance with their daggers. (OCC: I forget if I have a shield. DM?)
As a Swashbuckler subclass you are limited to chainmail or lighter armor, and therefore gain a +1 to AC bonus.

Also, i will rule that if you fight with longsword and dagger at same time, you get a +1 bonus to hit. You won't get two separate attacks, but will get +1 to hit when fighting with two weapons.

OOC--it's good to hear from you. I was worried I had run off all you fellows from lack of activity. I will do better to post at least every couple days.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

The three cultists move out of the shelter of the columns. One says to another, "Go and inform the Master."

One of the cultists moves towards the door in the south wall, the other two move forward to attack the party.

Initiative...Cultists=3, PCs=4

As Milton moves to flush the cultists, they come out of hiding. Milton's sword flashes with blinding speed. [18!]
Milton drives the blade into the russet robes of the cultist. The robes darken with blood as the cultist falls to his needs gasping in surprise.
[5 pts damage]
He lies dead at Milton's feet.

Balthar moves towards the other cultist. His fighting style looks more like a dance as he leaps forward with a thrust. [He is wielding a longsword and a dagger, gaining +1 to hit] The sword and dagger flash in the torchlight. His blade skewers the shoulder of the cultist [4 points of damage]. The cultist cries in pain and brings his dagger around to Balthar's neck....[11..] His wicked dagger is blocked by Balthar's own dagger. Blades locked in battle.

Tarmo shoots two arrows at the retreating cultist heading for the door. [18 and 11, both arrows find their mark!] The cultist falls under a hail of Tarmo's arrows!

Thorhall roars and charges the cultist that Balthar is fighting. His axe strikes true [12!] and cleaves the cultists arm off! [8 points of damage! As a Hulk subclass, Thorhall gains a +2 to damage.]

The room is quiet now, all the cultists have been silenced!

Actions?

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

"Nice work everyone!" Tarmo says, stowing his bow and searching the dead cultists.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

The cultists have a few bits of silver (12 silver pieces), a bit of twine, and one has a desiccated finger.
Around each cultist's neck is an unholy symbol of Heimos.

There are two doors in the room. One to the north (which you came through) and one to the south (unopened).

Actions?

Etarr_the_Good

Post by Etarr_the_Good »

Balthar will take one of the necklaces as it might come in handy for cult infiltration. Balthar eyes the unopened door but will wait for consensus.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Etarr_the_Good wrote:Balthar will take one of the necklaces as it might come in handy for cult infiltration. Balthar eyes the unopened door but will wait for consensus.
Balthar picks up the unholy symbol. It looks like a bit of curved bone...with horror, he realizes it is a bit of skull. A hole is neatly drilled in it and a leather thong run through it.
The most disturbing part is the crude scratching of the evil symbol of Heimos. The grooves have been darkened with blood. Overall, quite a lovely piece of jewelry!

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Tarmo pockets the silver, and moves to listen at the south door.