Character Creation

Jcftao's S&W Complete game

Moderator: jcftao

Character Creation

Postby jcftao » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:02 pm

Realms of Pendria--God Fall

Character Generation—roll 3d6, eight times, arrange six rolls in any order for stats, keep one roll for starting money (in silver pieces), and discard one roll.

Hopeless Characters—there is no such thing as a hopeless character. Some of my favorite characters had serious flaws! I suggest you play the character for awhile and try it out. If you still want to roll another, then we can do that.

Hit points—maximum hit points for 1st level characters. For higher levels, players get one roll when attaining each new level but any 1's are re-rolled.

Social Class Use this table to get some background on your character.
Social Class Table

Also check out the House Rules thread for information about Contacts and also Character Class Subtables

Any character class is fair game. If you have any other ideas, let me know.

All character races are allowed. The setting will begin in a predominately human populated town, but it is in the player's hands to determine where it goes from there.

I will have some ideas and suggestions for background, and this can be done one on one.

Post your character in the Character thread for this game. I will give a bonus of 100 XP for adding a suitable picture of your character...an extra 50 XP if the image comes from artwork done early than 100 years ago.

Post your stats and equipment in a way that is easy for you to follow and update. I will keep a separate character sheet for each of you and update this on my own.

Please read the Pendria House Rules for additional information.
jcftao

Re: Character Creation

Postby jcftao » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:27 am

New Character Races

In addition to the standard races, I am opening the door to some experimental races.

-----------------------------

Rana--"Frogkin"--this race is a biped frog/toad creature ranging in size from a diminutive 3' tall Frogkin to a 5' tall and broad shouldered Thug Toad. Frogkin make great swashbucklers and thieves (great hoppers). Thug Toads are often hired as mercenaries for unscrupulous nobles.

Thugtoads are bipedal toad-men, normally about 4ft tall, but with some growing as large as 6ft. Thugtoads can hop as far as 30ft to attack, adding +1 to hit and inflicting double damage when they do so. Because their skin color changes to match their surroundings, they have a 75% chance not to be noticed when waiting in ambush.

Thugtoad: HD 1; AC 6[13]; Atk 1 weapon (1d6); Move 4 (Swim 15); Save 17; AL C; CL/XP 2/30; Special: Camouflage, hop.
Source: Monstrosities

Specific details for the Pendria setting: Thugtoads may be Lawful, Neutral, or Chaotic, but many that work for and among humans will often be neutral.
Armor: They have a natural tough hide giving them AC 6 (equivalent of ringmail), but if heavier armor is worn, such as chain or plate, then the thugtoad will have an AC equivalent to that better armor class. Their hopping distance is halved if they wear heavy armor (ringmail or more) or if encumbered.

Thugtoads are +2 to saves vs cold based attacks, -2 to save vs heat based attacks

Thugtoads have infravision 60'

Thugtoads may be fighters or thieves. As a fighter they may advance to the 6th level, 7th level for Str of 17, and 8th level for Str of 18. As a thief, there is no limit to their advancement.

They can speak in common but with a croaking voice.

-----------------------------------------------

Mantodean--"Mantis Men"--insectoid creatures, 5' tall, intelligent, four arms...weird...but FOUR ARMS!

------------------------------------------------
Pendrian--humans with fey blood in their ancestry, not like half elves, more like humans, but with some innate magic ability.
All Pendrian have +1 save vs magic, all can cast minor magic in the form of cantrips. All Pendrian each know one cantrip, which they may cast at will.

If an individual has a 13+ in any two of INT, WIS, or CHR they gain an additional cantrip. If they have a 13+ in all three scores, they will know a 1st level spell that they can cast once per day in addition to the cantrips. All cantrips can be cast at will, the 1st level spell may be cast once per day. Pendrians that have these innate spells may cast them while wearing armor. If a Pendrian becomes a magic user, he must abide by the rules for spellcasting for all subsequent spells. That is, no armor can be worn to cast any other memorized spells.
Pendrians are different than other humans. They are often considered as Elf Kin and are treated poorly at times by those that disdain elves. The hatred orcs feel for elves is also carried over to Pendrian. Dwarves, though not openly hostile, will not be favorably inclined towards Pendrian.

--------------------------------------------------
Zephros, the winged folk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1sBcIMhTRMcOW8yVG9laV9pNWs/view?usp=sharing

Modifications--class-any but level restriction based on prime ability score 8th for 18, 7th for 17, 6th for 16 or less, armor restriction-(for classes that allow armor) leather and shield
jcftao

Postby thewegger » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:49 pm

I'll flesh out the character when I get a little free time. I took a 1st level cleric spell at level 1 due to high WIS. Is that cool?
thewegger

Postby jcftao » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:27 pm

thewegger wrote:I'll flesh out the character when I get a little free time. I took a 1st level cleric spell at level 1 due to high WIS. Is that cool?

Clerics have to tough it out at first level with no spells. Your first spell comes at 2nd level and at that point you will get the bonus 1st level spell due to high wisdom.
One option to play a Pendrian race...human with fey blood. Then you may get some minor magic at first level.
jcftao

Postby thewegger » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:54 pm

jcftao wrote:Clerics have to tough it out at first level with no spells. Your first spell comes at 2nd level and at that point you will get the bonus 1st level spell due to high wisdom.
One option to play a Pendrian race...human with fey blood. Then you may get some minor magic at first level.

Got it. I'll adjust my character accordingly.
thewegger

Return to Pendria--God Fall