Character Creation Updated

Jcftao's Whitebox Campaign
jcftao

Character Creation Updated

Post by jcftao »

Realms of Pendria--God Fall

Character Creation (Updated 4-12-17)

We will be using White Box:FMAG rules with the following changes.

Character Generation—roll 3d6, eight times, arrange six rolls in any order for stats, keep one roll for starting money (in silver pieces), and discard one roll.

Player may adjust the Prime Requisite by using ability scores at a one for one point adjustment. This can only improve the Prime Requisite and no other score may drop below 9.

Reminder--in White Box, ability scores of 15 or higher grant a +1 bonus and scores of 6 or less -1 penalty.

Hopeless Characters—there is no such thing as a hopeless character. Some of my favorite characters had serious flaws! I suggest you play the character for awhile and try it out. If you still want to roll another, then we can do that.

Hit points—maximum hit points for 1st level characters. For higher levels, players get one roll when attaining each new level but any 1's are re-rolled.

Social Class Use this table to get some background on your character.
Social Class Table

Also check out the House Rules thread for information about Contacts and also Character Class Subtables

Any character class is fair game. If you have any other ideas, let me know.

All character races are allowed. The setting will begin in a predominately human populated town, but it is in the player's hands to determine where it goes from there.

I will have some ideas and suggestions for background, and this can be done one on one.

Post your character in the Character thread for this game. I will give a bonus of 100 XP for adding a suitable picture of your character...an extra 50 XP if the image comes from artwork done earlier than 100 years ago.

Post your stats and equipment in a way that is easy for you to follow and update. I will keep a separate character sheet for each of you and update this on my own.

Please read the Pendria House Rules for additional information.

thewegger

Re: Character Creation

Post by thewegger »

I'll flesh out the character when I get a little free time. I took a 1st level cleric spell at level 1 due to high WIS. Is that cool?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

thewegger wrote:I'll flesh out the character when I get a little free time. I took a 1st level cleric spell at level 1 due to high WIS. Is that cool?
Clerics have to tough it out at first level with no spells. Your first spell comes at 2nd level and at that point you will get the bonus 1st level spell due to high wisdom.
One option to play a Pendrian race...human with fey blood. Then you may get some minor magic at first level.

thewegger

Post by thewegger »

jcftao wrote:Clerics have to tough it out at first level with no spells. Your first spell comes at 2nd level and at that point you will get the bonus 1st level spell due to high wisdom.
One option to play a Pendrian race...human with fey blood. Then you may get some minor magic at first level.
Got it. I'll adjust my character accordingly.