OOC Chat

Jcftao's Whitebox Campaign
jcftao

OOC Chat

Post by jcftao »

Welcome to our game,

We will get started shortly. In the meantime, go ahead and roll for starting characters. Also, grab a deck of cards and try out the Social Class table I made for your background. Depending on the results, we may need to modify it.

Social Class
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VC9 ... sp=sharing

jcftao

Re: OOC Chat

Post by jcftao »

@Greyarea,
I'm glad you picked the Rana! Now help me get this race stated correctly!
I want to base it on the Thugtoad but allow for two variations...one will be the Frogkin. Smaller, nimbler, more clever, better suited to be the dexterous type...froggie went a courtin...
The other will be the hulking hoppers known as the Bully Toads...are pretty much the same as Thugtoads listed in the SnW Monstrosities. I think I will just call them Thugtoads and be done with it. Anyway, here are the stats for Thugtoads (from Monstrosities)

Thugtoad

Thugtoads are bipedal toad-men, normally about 4ft tall, but with some growing as large as 6ft. Thugtoads can hop as far as 30ft to attack, adding +1 to hit and inflicting double damage when they do so. Because their skin color changes to match their surroundings, they have a 75% chance not to be noticed when waiting in ambush.

Thugtoad: HD 1; AC 6[13]; Atk 1 weapon (1d6); Move 4 (Swim 15); Save 17; AL C; CL/XP 2/30; Special: Camouflage, hop.
Source: Monstrosities

Specific details for the Pendria setting: Thugtoads may be Lawful, Neutral, or Chaotic, but many that work for and among humans will often be neutral.
Armor: They have a natural tough hide giving them AC 6 (equivalent of ringmail), but if heavier armor is worn, such as chain or plate, then the thugtoad will have an AC equivalent to that better armor class. Their hopping distance is halved if they wear heavy armor (ringmail or more) or if encumbered.

Thugtoads are +2 to saves vs cold based attacks, -2 to save vs heat based attacks

Thugtoads have infravision 60'

Thugtoads may be fighters or thieves. As a fighter they may advance to the 6th level, 7th level for Str of 17, and 8th level for Str of 18. As a thief, there is no limit to their advancement.

They can speak in common but with a croaking voice.

I thought about allowing Thugtoads as an assassin class, but SnW Complete states only humans can be assassins and they have many of those abilities naturally.

Let me know your thoughts!

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Here are a couple images you may want to use... I search google images for "frog knight"

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23 ... 5245cd.jpg

http://img04.deviantart.net/c43f/i/2015 ... 8e3wec.jpg

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Yikes, those are some awesome stats. Might be a bit too powerful, but I'll work with it. ;)

I need that extra 50 xp for older images, so I was thinking this:
or this:
or even our good friend Jeremy Fisher:

A frog monk would be cool:
Image but this adventure already has a monk. :?

So maybe Mr Toad of Toad Hall:

Regardless, I'm sure he will be a fantastic Rana! :)

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

I like the frog with spats! Too funny!

Use what you like and enjoy. My son Thomas also rolled up some really great stats...but all fair and square.

Btw...check out the class subtables in the House Rules thread...maybe you can pick a subclass for fighter or thief. Tinkering with it yet. It will be interesting to play test some of these mods.

Jump into the game, Wickersham Chapter 1, whenever you get a chance. Don't worry if the character is finished yet.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Nice portraits the both of you!

150 xp awarded to Milton the Mad and Fredrick!

Go ahead and add these to your character sheets

@GreyArea...I upped your hit points to 5 since you have Con bonus of +1
Also, I added Thug to the thief subclass...increases hd for thief to d6...another option for you if you wish to choose that instead.

thewegger

Post by thewegger »

I'm headed out of town for the weekend. I mostly likely won't be able to post until sometime on Sunday or Monday.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

thewegger wrote:I'm headed out of town for the weekend. I mostly likely won't be able to post until sometime on Sunday or Monday.
Not a problem, You can jump in when you return.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

For those that haven't, you should check out the social class rules. Just pick a card and follow the instructions...

thewegger

Post by thewegger »

jcftao wrote:For those that haven't, you should check out the social class rules. Just pick a card and follow the instructions...
Is this a random thing, or should we choose one?