OOC Chat

Jcftao's Whitebox Campaign
jcftao

Re: OOC Chat

Post by jcftao »

Grab a deck of cards and let fate be your friend or foe.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

All players,
you may purchase whatever weapons and supplies you may need.
Wickersham does not have a ready supply of all equipment, so buy it now if you can.
And remember, we will be using the silver standard, so after your purchase, take whatever gold you have left and rename it silver pieces.
From then onward, all prices will be adjusted to the silver standard.

thewegger

Post by thewegger »

I think I'm all good to go with my character. How/where should I jump in?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

@thewegger,

There is a battle joined as we speak, jump in and have some fun!

You are either awakened by the sound of the battle and are in one of the 2nd story apartments, or you hear the warning of the young lad and come running down the street to face the attackers. It is your choice.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

jcftao wrote:Sir Miles looks upon the frogkin MIlton, Our ranger friend here knows the countryside well. I have given him a map of the surrounding area. Most villages are clustered along the main road.

You will know whom to send to Wickersham...the ones that don't try to kill you or eat you will be a good start.

Sooooo don't send back to Wickersham?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Lol! Now you're catching on!

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Hey guys, I added my character to the character thread. I rolled 9, 8, 9, 15, 10, 9, 9, and 13 and chose to play a Human Fighter. The picture is a portrait of a man that is presumably Alexander the Great, painted by Rembrandt van Rijn (I'm Dutch myself) in 1655, so I took the name to go with. I'm looking forward to playing :)

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Wouter wrote:Hey guys, I added my character to the character thread. I rolled 9, 8, 9, 15, 10, 9, 9, and 13 and chose to play a Human Fighter. The picture is a portrait of a man that is presumably Alexander the Great, painted by Rembrandt van Rijn (I'm Dutch myself) in 1655, so I took the name to go with. I'm looking forward to playing :)
Great to have you, Wouter!

Welcome to the game. I hope it will be fun for you all.

As far as posting goes, I will check the forum at least once per day. I ask that any player knowing they will need to be away from the computer for more than a couple days, just send me a pm or let me know in the OOC thread. It's not a problem if you need time away from the game, but I will NPC your character if need be, in order to keep the game rolling along.

An important note...to make things easier to calculate for myself and you also, we will try the Ascending Armor Class. This means each of you will have a to hit bonus which increases as your levels increase. I will make some edits to each of your character sheets to reflect this.

And one other thing, as DM, I shall make all rolls unless I request a roll from you. This will save us a lot of time, making combat as fast as possible. Don't be afraid to add some descriptive bits when fighting or exploring. I just might give a to hit bonus for clever or descriptive actions!

Ok, I've said enough...now let's be careful out there!

kjc

Post by kjc »

Welcome Wouter!

thewegger

Post by thewegger »

I've gotta drop out of the game. I've discovered that I don't have the discipline for regular posting. Thanks for the opportunity to play. I'll definitely be following along.