Wickersham, Chapter 2 New Wickersham

Jcftao's Whitebox Campaign
Tamerlaine

Re: Wickersham, Chapter 2 New Wickersham

Post by Tamerlaine »

"You saw those footprints," the mage replies. "I'd rather not be present if that thing has a mind to return. The next stop is but twelve miles away and we can make it there right as the sun comes down...if we make a brisk walk of it. Look about you, there's nothing here, no one to send to New Wickersham. Let us tell Alderran of what we saw here, for sure, but let's be moving on."

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Milton says, I'm not sure we should leave a sign but I do agree that we move on!

Son_of_Sod

Post by Son_of_Sod »

Fredrick, after freeing the family of skunks, takes a moment to reflect. In anger of the destruction that took place he says this,
Move on? Perhaps this giant has prisoners, is it not our job to set them free to Wickersham? Maybe this thing decides to head towards Wickersham and do the same thing to it as it did here! I think we should follow these tracks until we at least get a better sense of what did this.

Looking at the giant footprints
These footprints are huge, I'm sure we could track down this beast. The ranger will easily be able to follow our own tracks but we could also leave a message for him. I might be alone in my desire to help any captives and prevent this from happening again, but I will leave it up to the consensus of the party.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

The company discuss their course of action.
Three choices confront them...head north to see who or what belongs to the large footprints...

or...

Continue east towards the next town, Harkbone, possibly having to travel after dark...

or...

Stay put in Ulfstead and wait for Aldarren.

What say you?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Milton says, It will be dark soon. Let's set up camp here and wait for Aldarren, supposing he hasn't disappeared into a huge fireball, and head to Harkbone in the morning. Hopefully, those barefooted guys won't return (or if they do, they're friendly).

thewegger

Post by thewegger »

Cedric - Cleric

Perhaps it is a good idea to wait here for Aldarren. Hopefully who or whatever left those footprints got what they want and won't likely return.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

As the sun begins to move towards the western horizon, the company gets ready to make camp. Just at this moment, a familiar face appears hiking up the path.
It is Aldarren the ranger, followed by what appears to be a young knight dressed in ring mail and carrying sword and shield.

kjc

Post by kjc »

Aldarren - Ranger
Aldarren approaches with a sigh of relief, "Well met friends, all are hale I trust?" Looking at each of his fellows, he smiles warmly. "Gentlemen we have a new ally. He comes highly recommended and has proven himself a stalwart travelling companion. This is Sir Alexander, please welcome him."

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Alexander steps forward, visibly relieved to see some friendly faces after traveling the eerily deserted Cormandy Road, but words stick in his throat as he stares in disbelief at the burnt remains of what was once the vibrant town of Ulfstead: "What in Theos' name happened here..?"
Last edited by Wouter on Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Milton the Mad points out the footprints. Hobbits! I'd bet my beard on it! Who else walks barefoot?