Wickersham, Chapter 2 New Wickersham

Jcftao's Whitebox Campaign
jcftao

Wickersham, Chapter 2 New Wickersham

Post by jcftao »

The morning comes early. The sun rises over the Falling River. The weather is warmer than normal and promises good travelling. The town feels different too. There's a stir in the air, townsfolk have come to wish the adventurers good fortune. Sir Miles leads the group to the the bluff over the river.

You notice that the ranger Aldarren is absent. He is attending an errand and has promised to meet the company that day in Ulfstead, twelve miles southeast.

Today is the beginning of a new era for our town and our people! It is a new day for all mankind. No longer will the darkness threaten to extinguish the light of man! Sir Langley will lead a group of men southwest toward Marshtown and Aldarren and Company shall travel southeast along the Cormandy Road. Today our banner will fly over the river once again. It will serve as a beacon to those in need. All are welcome to rebuild our town...henceforth our town shall be called New Wickersham!

Cheers erupt from the crowd.

Sir Miles turns to the Company to give them a few final words of advice...

Seek out any that wish a new life. Offer protection and remember that you offer hope for us all.

Sir Miles has provided the following provisions...

Each member of the party is given a backpack, green travelling cloaks, 1 week of iron rations, 2 waterskins (One with fresh water and one with good wine), and bedroll.

All ammo has been replenished for any PC using missile weapons.

Sir Miles also hands each PC a small clay jar Healing balms created by the matron of our hospital, Claire. Apply this balm to regain your health.

Sir Miles hands Milo the green and gold banner of New Wickersham...a golden boar rampant on a green background. House Wickersham shall fly new colors of green to symbolize our new beginning. Fly the standard with honor.

At the river's edge is the remains of a broken ferry. Once it was pulled across the river with horses. Now only a few waterlogged timbers lie along the bank. Fortunately for you, Sir Miles has had a new raft built. Two men wait aboard with long poles.

What shall you do?

greyarea

Re: Wickersham, Chapter 2 New Wickersham

Post by greyarea »

Milton says, Let's hop to!

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

February 16th, Year 2 after God Fall

The river raft trip is pleasant. The sun is out and the weather warmer than normal for Spring. You make your way to a gentle landing about a 1/2 mile south of the ferry boat route. You realize that the road to Cormandy begins at that point.

What shall you do?

thewegger

Post by thewegger »

Cedric - Cleric

"My companions, we are to meet Aldarren in Ulstead, 12 miles from here, on the Cormandy road, once he has completed some urgent business of his own counsel. Hopefully he won't be more than a day's travel behind us."

Looking around at the group, Cedrick continues, "Let us not waste the daylight! Shall we establish a marching order? I will walk in front unless any other would prefer it. Perhaps someone else might scout ahead."

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Milton says, I'm not the best scout, but I can walk with you near the front. Perhaps just behind.

Tamerlaine

Post by Tamerlaine »

"Just my humble thoughts, gentlemen," Tamerlane says,"Frederick remains unencumbered by armor and will not convey the sound of wearing such. Perhaps he should walk ahead of us. Milton is nimble and carries a bow, useful in the back should need of a ranged weapon become necessary. I myself have a ranged spell prepared, so I would do well to remain toward the back. That leaves Cedric to be relegated somewhere in the middle."

"Does this make sense?"

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Excellent idea, Tamerlane. Let's hop to, says the Rana.

thewegger

Post by thewegger »

Cedric - Cleric

"Indeed, it is settled. Let us be off!"

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

The path lies ahead of you. It is hard to believe that this was once Cormandy Road. Now it is overgrown and barely visible.

Frederick, the monk will scout ahead several hundred feet or so.

The rest of you wait quietly for a few moments and look back at the tumbled down ruins of New Wickersham. Some of the townsfolk are still watching. A hawk cries in the distance.

[More to come]

Son_of_Sod

Post by Son_of_Sod »

Fredrick in silent agreement moves ahead of the group.

Looking about as inconspicuous as a monk with a polearm can look.