Chapter 3 --- Journey to Harkbone

Jcftao's Whitebox Campaign
Wouter

Re: Chapter 3 --- Journey to Harkbone

Post by Wouter »

Alexander bursts in, raising his hands in the air: "My friends! Leave the Rana be! He may not look like it, but he is a most loyal servant of our lord nonetheless!"

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Wouter wrote:Alexander bursts in, raising his hands in the air: "My friends! Leave the Rana be! He may not look like it, but he is a most loyal servant of our lord nonetheless!"
One of the men looks at the young knight and spits on the ground, "Are you Dunley's men? If so, then say it, otherwise keep your hand away from your blade!"

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Alexander slowly lowers his hands and puts on the friendliest face he has: "Come, come, you are among friends! There's no need for friends to fight, right? We are just passing through and looking for a warm and dry place to stay for the night. We will not cause any trouble and be well on our way at the crack of dawn." He smiles: "Would you deny your brothers food and shelter in these grim, dark days?"

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

"Deny you shelter, surely not. Deny you weapons...by all means."

The leader motions to two of the other men to seize the young knight's sword.

Alexander, do you yield or resist?

kjc

Post by kjc »

Aldarren - Ranger
"Good evening gentlemen," Aldarren says from the doorway, with arrow drawn, aiming at the largest of the thugs. "It seems my friends here have interrupted your festivities. My apologies. If you allow, I will collect them and leave peacefully. If not...there will be unpleasantness..."

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Aldarren hears the footfalls of someone behind him. He catches a glimpse of the lone man who had gone out to relieve himself. The man stops about six feet from Aldarren, aware that he has been seen.

kjc

Post by kjc »

Aldarren - Ranger
Speaking over his shoulder, Aldarren addresses the man outside, "Step back friend, we can all walk away from this."

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

The man behind the ranger stops in his tracks.

The man inside that seems to be the leader says, "If Dunley did not send you, then who did?"

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Is Alexander at this point still being approached by the two men in order to be disarmed?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Wouter wrote:Is Alexander at this point still being approached by the two men in order to be disarmed?
Two men are at arm's length from Alexander. Five more stand in the hall waiting.