Switch to full style
Merias' White Box game
Post a reply

The Elder Temple #2

Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:54 pm

Image

Just waiting on Finnr and Guntram's actions.

Re: The Elder Temple #2

Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:34 am

Finnr readies his spear and shield. He smiles grimly at the thought of slaying his captors.

He will move to the front line and prepare to get some revenge.

Re: The Elder Temple #2

Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:04 pm

Guntram [autopilot] moves into the shadows to the east as best he can, readying his flail. Grimma moves north with Dolgrim and Oberon. Bart sticks close to Fenwick.

The shuffling grows closer, and with it a dim glow that rounds the bend to the west and exposes what is stalking you.

Image

What draws your eyes first is an imposing demonic figure that was perhaps human long ago, but is now eroded into a mix of flesh and ashes. A cloud of glowing ash surrounds it, and its eyes glint, burning with a red and evil light. There are three man-sized demons surrounding it, their faces marked with a smear of ashes in the shape of eight outward-pointing arrows.

The demons are 40 feet from you and will close next round. Actions?

Re: The Elder Temple #2

Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:56 pm

Finnr will throw his spear at the leader of the demons. Next, he will draw his magic shortsword and move forward to attack.

Re: The Elder Temple #2

Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:18 am

Fenwick casts sleep and seriously considers becoming religious.

Aren't we 1st level? Yikes!

Re: The Elder Temple #2

Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:22 am

Dolgrim puts away his hand axe and reaches for his sling. He pulls back firmly and lets a stone fly towards the creatures approaching.

Re: The Elder Temple #2

Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:04 am

Oberon readies his back foot and prepares to withdraw, 'Fall back friends - fighting retreat! Flee to daylight.'

Re: The Elder Temple #2

Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:12 pm

After shooting his slingshot, Dolgrim will heed Oberon's call and fall back: "Let's make our way back to the circular column room and head for the main entrance! If we don't already shake them off by taking the secret passage I'm sure they won't follow us into broad daylight!"

Re: The Elder Temple #2

Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:25 am

Finnr will throw his spear and beat a hasty retreat with his new found friends.

"Gods! What I wouldn't give for a barrel of holy water!"

Re: The Elder Temple #2

Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:06 am

Initiative:
Demons: 4 Party: 5


Fenwick briefly considers casting a sleep enchantment, but realizes that demons don't sleep, and would therefore be unaffected.

Ref ruling - Fenwick would know his spell would not be effective, and would not waste it. Unless you really want to :).

Finnr throws a spear at the ash-cloud demon, but it just misses him, clattering down the tunnel. Dolgrim launches a sling stone that connects with one of the advancing demons in a small puff of smoke.

Guntram [autopilot] holds forth his holy symbol, beseeching the Goddess to turn away the demons, but they continue to advance.

The party retreats but not before a cloud of glowing ash flies forth from the taller demon, enveloping Oberon's head and shoulders completely. Oberon chokes and spits, and with a gasp somehow manages to free himself from the cloud. For a brief instant he felt as if he would choke to death on ash.

You are moving quite a bit faster than the group of demons and quickly outpace them, finding your way through the secret door and back to the pillar room. The green glow emanating from over the double doors is somehow comforting now. You stop for the moment - you do not appear to have been pursued.

You are at #12 on the map below. The exit is just to your southwest. Actions?

Image

Status:

Code:
+----------+----------+----------+
|Grimma    |8/10      |          |
+----------+----------+----------+
|Oberon    |8/8       |          |
+----------+----------+----------+
|Fenwick   |6/6       |<1 L1>    |
+----------+----------+----------+
|Dolgrim   |8/9       |          |
+----------+----------+----------+
|Guntram   |6/9       |<CLW>     |
+----------+----------+----------+
|Finnr     |7/7       |          |
+----------+----------+----------+
|Bart      |4/4       |          |
+----------+----------+----------+


Mechanics:

Finnr spear: 1d20=13+1=14 MISS
Dolgrim sling: 1d20=17+1-18 HIT 1d6=2 dmg
Guntram turn: 3d6=11 FAIL

Lead demon ash cloud vs. who? 1d8=2 Oberon 1d20=20 HIT
Oberon save: 1d20=16 SUCCESS
Post a reply