Back in Grimmsgate

Merias' White Box game
Mike

Re: Back in Grimmsgate

Post by Mike »

merias wrote:It was in a prior post and so got buried (one of the drawbacks of PbP at times), but since you had all agreed to visit Rhall, I moved you forward to the next morning and sent you over to the temple.
Apols :D

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Wouter wrote:Dolgrim breathes in his hands to warm them. "Thank you, father. It's good to be back for a while... I think we met some of the 'hairless ones' you mentioned before at the Elder Temple..."
"I hope you dealt them a just blow for our sakes. Did you encounter the singular evil said to dwell there? A demon I'd say, but tales are scarce, survivors less so," Rhall says.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fenwick says, We encountered what we think are demons, but no "singular evil", unless you consider cannibalism a singular evil. We lost one of our trusted companions there and are looking to regroup. I would be helpful to have someone of a more clerical bent in our party. Someone who might have insight to some of the wonders we've seen.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Oberon casts his mind back; remembering...

What draws your eyes first is an imposing demonic figure that was perhaps human long ago, but is now eroded into a mix of flesh and ashes.

'Priest, I think we did meet your singular evil foe and it tried to suffocate me with it's foul ash. For the sake of the people of Grimmsgate I suggest you tell us all you know of this creature paying particular attention to how we can bring about its sudden and brutal downfall.'

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Mike wrote:Oberon casts his mind back; remembering...

What draws your eyes first is an imposing demonic figure that was perhaps human long ago, but is now eroded into a mix of flesh and ashes.

'Priest, I think we did meet your singular evil foe and it tried to suffocate me with it's foul ash. For the sake of the people of Grimmsgate I suggest you tell us all you know of this creature paying particular attention to how we can bring about its sudden and brutal downfall.'
Rhall thinks for a moment. "Ash you say? That is bad news. Such burned human remnants are quite powerful indeed. Quux the sage posits that ordinary weapons barely affect them. I daresay that holy water will be effective, I gave your priest two vials at our last visit, do you still have them?" Rhall looks at Guntram expectantly. "Wait just one moment..." he says, turning into the temple.

When he returns, he has a silver mace in his hand. "I keep this for sentimental reasons," Rhall says, offering the mace to Guntram, "as I told you before, I am not fit for adventuring any longer, that is a young man's game and it seems now that this enchanted mace will be of much more use to you than to me. May Teilo go with you, I fear you will need it."

The (+1) mace Rhall is holding has a worn leather grip, and has small runes carved along its length.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Oberon nods a "thank-you" at Rhall, 'That's a good start priest, perhaps if you have some more holy water? As I said, anything you can provide would only aid in the destruction of this monstrosity and, in equal parts, ensure the safety of your village. Healing potions, wards, charms; that sort of thing.'

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

"If you can come back tomorrow I can have a few more vials of holy water prepared for you, alas my mace and that is all I can offer," Rhall says.

There was a potion of healing and two vials of holy water in the original pouch Rhall gave to you at your first visit, I'd forgotten about it until I re-read that section, but in game terms it is still there for whoever wants it.

RhinoDino1973

Post by RhinoDino1973 »

When he returns, he has a silver mace in his hand. "I keep this for sentimental reasons," Rhall says, offering the mace to Guntram, "as I told you before, I am not fit for adventuring any longer, that is a young man's game and it seems now that this enchanted mace will be of much more use to you than to me. May Teilo go with you, I fear you will need it."
Guntram bows and gratefully accepts the weapon. He says "You are very generous. I will use this to drive back and defeat evil wherever I can"

RhinoDino1973

Post by RhinoDino1973 »

OOC: I can hold onto the potion and holy water

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Dolgrim pulls out his hand axe and runs his thumb across the freshly silvered blade. "I would be honored if you were to bless and name this weapon, father. I care not for any magic but it can't hurt to have a a blessing of Law on our side upon our return to the Elder Temple."