Return to the Elder Temple

Merias' White Box game
greyarea

Re: Return to the Elder Temple

Post by greyarea »

Well ain't that a bone in the craw, grumbles Fenwick, looking up the slope. Maybe we wait on this part and eat now. And maybe we don't roll this thing up the hill at all. I'm not even sure it will fit or what it would do if it did.

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Dolgrim takes out some of his rations and starts nibbling on a piece of dried meat, contemplating what the wizard just said and peering up the slope: "Shouldn't take too long... If we all put our backs into it I figure we can make it alright." He says with a mouthful of beef.

Mike

Post by Mike »

greyarea wrote:Well ain't that a bone in the craw, grumbles Fenwick, looking up the slope. Maybe we wait on this part and eat now. And maybe we don't roll this thing up the hill at all. I'm not even sure it will fit or what it would do if it did.
'Yes, it can be done. Let's eat and gather our strength first though.' Suggests Oberon.

OoC: Hey, we're nearly up to our first year anniversary!

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Finnr thinks for a while. "Perhaps we can wrap the stone in a couple cloaks or bedrolls and two strong fellows can carry it between them on a spear?

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Mike wrote:OoC: Hey, we're nearly up to our first year anniversary!
Wow! Thanks for sticking with me all this time! And I also forgot the one-year anniversary of the forum itself, which was two days ago.

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Dolgrim contemplates Finnr's words for a bit: "I don't really see the point in that..." He grunts. "Rolling it will require much less effort than carrying it: even a single dwarf can do it!" He then proceeds to put his shoulder to the sphere and give it a firm push uphill.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Finnr shakes his head, "Well, it looks like you're the dwarf for the job!"

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Dolgrim is able to slowly roll the stone sphere up to the now-familiar main temple entrance.

This entrance to the hill is blocked by a closed, metal double door, wide enough for several people to enter side by side. The door is marked with a large circle, one of the symbols of Law, but eight arrows have been roughly gouged into the iron around the circle, transforming it into a Chaos symbol.

Sounds like you want to eat - just let me know where, and what the plan is after that.

Mike

Post by Mike »

merias wrote:Dolgrim is able to slowly roll the stone sphere up to the now-familiar main temple entrance.

This entrance to the hill is blocked by a closed, metal double door, wide enough for several people to enter side by side. The door is marked with a large circle, one of the symbols of Law, but eight arrows have been roughly gouged into the iron around the circle, transforming it into a Chaos symbol.

Sounds like you want to eat - just let me know where, and what the plan is after that.
OoC: That door has previously been open though hasn't it?

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Mike wrote:OoC: That door has previously been open though hasn't it?
Correct, it was open and then closed again when the three men you met left the temple.