Return to the Elder Temple

Merias' White Box game
merias
Site Admin

Re: Return to the Elder Temple

Post by merias »

Shortly after it turns, the corridor opens into a rectangular chamber that has been excavated from the rock. The walls, ceiling, and floor all have uneven surfaces that still bear marks of miner’s tools. Five stone sarcophagi have been placed here. You see no exist from this room, but before you can examine anything in detail, a column of white smoke rises from the floor and coalesces into the shape of a human wearing robes and a medallion of the Church of Law. The ghostly figure speaks: “I am the guardian of the Catacombs of the Elder Temple. What is your purpose here?”

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fenwick approaches and says, We have been sent here to cleanse the temple and remove the Evil that rises here.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

The figure's gaze turns to each of you in turn. You each feel something - a slight discomfort, a presence as it seems to see through you, then it speaks again. "I sense there is good and pure intent here. The treasures I guard are yours to keep in furtherance of your quest. For too long Arumvel the Wicked has cursed this place." The figure shimmers briefly, then disappears.

Actions?

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Dolgrim is silent for a few moments and then smiles broadly: "Treasures, eh? Anyone willing to help me lift up the lid from one of these coffins?" He says as he moves towards the nearest one.
Last edited by Wouter on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fenwick nods with a smile at the others, as if to silently say, "see, I've got this". He helps Dolgrim (as much as he can) to open the coffins.

RhinoDino1973

Post by RhinoDino1973 »

Guntram will assist, though slightly uncomfortable with looting graves . . .although the spirit did give its blessing. However, Guntram will still say a blessing to the Goddess for those that rest in the sarcophagi

Guntram thinks of the name Arumvel the Wicked. Does it sound familiar?

Mike

Post by Mike »

greyarea wrote:Fenwick nods with a smile at the others, as if to silently say, "see, I've got this". He helps Dolgrim (as much as he can) to open the coffins.
Oberon rolls up his mailed sleeves to lend a hand also.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

RhinoDino1973 wrote:Guntram thinks of the name Arumvel the Wicked. Does it sound familiar?
Guntram has a faint recollection of the name being associated with the demon from his vision.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

You set about opening the five sarcophagi. Each contains an inanimate skeleton, and you gather several trinkets as well:

Sarcophagus #1: Necklace of blood rubies
Sarcophagus #2: Bracelet of blue stones
Sarcophagus #3: Dagger with yellow jewels in the handle
Sarcophagus #4: Silver brooch engraved with a fiery fist
Sarcophagus #5: 100gp in a box encrusted with semi-precious stones

Actions?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fenwick checks all of them to see if they appear to have magical properties.