Return to the Elder Temple

Merias' White Box game
merias
Site Admin

Re: Return to the Elder Temple

Post by merias »

I'm back! Sounds like Dolgrim wants to open the Sarcophagi...

Dolgrim starts with the closest one, with the phoenix. Try as he might, the lid won't budge - it is very heavy or sealed in some way. Same for the other two.

Actions?

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Dolgrim wipes the sweat from his forehead and beckons the others: "Anyone want to lend me a hand with this..?"

Mike

Post by Mike »

Wouter wrote:Dolgrim wipes the sweat from his forehead and beckons the others: "Anyone want to lend me a hand with this..?"
'Yes friend,' says Oberon, 'These Knights may have passed but they will help us finish the quest they started.'

Oberon lays down shield and weapon to get a better grip on the lid...

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Oberon lends a hand and with a bit of effort you both manage to push aside the lid to the first (phoenix) sarcophagus. Inside you see a skeleton wearing plate armor and
holding a longsword. Both are clearly of fine quality, the sword has a leather-wrapped handle that while well-worn, curiously has not rotted. Their are runes visible along its length. A silver-trimmed scabbard lies at the side of the skeleton.

You make a similar effort and are able to remove the stone lids on the other two sarcophagi, both contain skeletons adorned in plate armor and swords, but none of the swords seem as unique as the one in the phoenix sarcophagus, although they share the fine workmanship.

Actions?

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Dolgrim holds his breath as he stares down at the contents the sarcophagi. "Beautiful..." he gasps as his eyes rest on the sword in the phoenix sarcophagus: "Do you think any of you could wield such a majestic weapon?"
Last edited by Wouter on Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Finnr's/b] eyes widen at the sight of the plate armor and the swords. Then he thinks the better of it...wearing gear such as that will surely promote you to the front line and that means more responsibility.

"Give me some sturdy chain and a decent shield."

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Let me know who is taking what - three suits of human-sized plate armor, two swords and one obviously magical sword.

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Dolgrim is quite happy with Demon Bane and his crested shield. Also, the plate armor is too big for him to wear so he will decide not take anything.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fenwick is not interested in any of the gear but studies the runes on the sword closely.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

greyarea wrote:Fenwick is not interested in any of the gear but studies the runes on the sword closely.
The runes are Elvish, of an older form but Fenwick reads something akin to "Woe be unto evil fire".