Return to the Elder Temple

Merias' White Box game
merias
Site Admin

Re: Return to the Elder Temple

Post by merias »

greyarea wrote:Fenwick checks all of them to see if they appear to have magical properties.
All seem ornamental, if good quality, save for the brooch. When Fenwick examines it, he feels protected somehow.

+1 brooch of protection

You are in room 20. Actions?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Mind if I keep this? asks Fenwick, hefting the brooch. I haven't any armor like you fellas. I could use some protection. We should be able to sell the rest in town.

He will suggest heading up the passage and examining the next turn east.

RhinoDino1973

Post by RhinoDino1973 »

Mind if I keep this? asks Fenwick, hefting the brooch. I haven't any armor like you fellas. I could use some protection. We should be able to sell the rest in town.
Guntram nods his head.
"I think it's fitting. Plus, it really makes your eyes sparkle."

Guntram chuckles. He straightens up, and says a solemn prayer for the dead and thanks them for their sacrifice and gifts.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Oberon looks at the baubles and grunts, 'Well, I was hoping for something of more immediate use against the ash demon but these pretties will see us right after we put this mission behind us. I suggest we advance cautiously towards the next passage heading east. If we don't like the look of what's lurking their we can fall back to the outside world.'

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

You stow your loot. All is quiet as you move down the corridor and turn right, down a narrow hall and into a small room. This is clearly another tomb as it contains three stone sarcophagi, each with heavy-looking stone lids. The ceiling is painted with now-faded pictures of three knights, one of them wearing the shield-device of a dragon, one of a horse, and one of a phoenix. The knights are seen fighting against goblins, trolls, and other such evil enemies of humankind.

Sarcophagus #1 has an inlaid image of a phoenix on the lid.
Sarcophagus #2 has an inlaid image of a horse on the lid.
Sarcophagus #3 has an inlaid image of a dragon on the lid.

Actions?

Mike

Post by Mike »

Oberon takes off his helmet to make better use of his head-scratching skills, ' Now, we've come across one or more of these symbols before... Anyone with a more reliable memory than I care to comment?'

RhinoDino1973

Post by RhinoDino1973 »

Guntram says, "I believe my vision contained three knights wearing these symbols and battling the demon. I hesitate to open these. I will ask the Goddess for guidance."

Guntram will bow his head, hold his holy symbol and request a sign from the Goddess. Will the souls of the dead and the the dead soul's patron be offended by the opening of the sarcophagi?

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

RhinoDino1973 wrote:Guntram says, "I believe my vision contained three knights wearing these symbols and battling the demon. I hesitate to open these. I will ask the Goddess for guidance."

Guntram will bow his head, hold his holy symbol and request a sign from the Goddess. Will the souls of the dead and the the dead soul's patron be offended by the opening of the sarcophagi?
Guntram is not sure, at least he sees no sign his Godess is listening. He does indeed recognize the symbols as those from his vision, however.

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Dolgrim shrugs: "There was nothing to fear from the sarcophagi in the previous room... Given those symbols these ought to contain something good!" He says while keenly rubbing his hands together.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fenwick agrees and stays back just in case.