Return to the Elder Temple

Merias' White Box game
Mike

Re: Return to the Elder Temple

Post by Mike »

Wouter wrote:Dolgrim wipes the sweat from his forehead before crouching down behind the sphere and pushing inside the room with the shards of green glass, up to the secret door that leads to the altar. "So professor, you reckon we will be able to lift this thing onto the altar/" he jestingly asks the pondering Fenwick.
'Let's not give him a headache Dolgrim; I can help.' Smirks Oberon.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fenwick is deep in thought drawing imaginary math symbols in the air with his finger.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

You gingerly avoid the shards of green glass when moving through the pillared room, then push aside the secret door to the northeast, rolling the stone sphere as you go. Grimma raises her lantern. Fenwick seems lost in thought. This chamber you are in (#14) is small, dark and relatively featureless – the only unusual object in it is located in the center of the room, a square pedestal two feet high, with a concavity in the top shaped like a hemisphere. Even the vertically-challenged Dolgrim thinks he alone could lift the sphere onto the pedestal, since it is not too high off the floor. As before, there are two exits - one to the northeast and the one to the south, formerly secret doors that are both slightly ajar.

Actions?

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Unless someone objects Dolgrim will proceed to lift the sphere onto the pedestal and into the concavity.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fenwick makes suggestions on how to best move the sphere, like any good manager. If they are successful, he will say, Yes, yes, as if it is due to his "assistance." If they are unable to get the sphere up, he will scold as if they were not doing it per his instructions (obviously). Regardless, his suggestions will be both blindingly obvious or inherently idiotic, sometimes both simultaneously.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

So I have Dolgrim, Fenwick, Grimma and Oberon tending to the sphere. I'll wait for Finnr and Guntram to chime in.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Finnr will stand at the doorway between room 12 and 13 and make sure the door doesn't slam shut.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Still waiting in Guntram but I'll update tomorrow regardless.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Dolgrim grunts and places the stone sphere on top of the altar. It fits perfectly in the depression, where it sits for an instant, before rising slightly to levitate just above the surface. From underneath, a bright white glow grows and spreads to encompass the sphere, then the room and those inside it. You all squint and reflexively shield your eyes. Those bathed in the light feel a warmth and an energy, even as a beam of light shoots out the partially open secret door to the southwest. Finnr watches from the outside as the beam of light strikes the wall a few feet away [pm sent]. He shields his eyes and dives away!

After a few seconds the light dims and just the altar and floating sphere are aglow. Those of you who were in the light for that brief time feel markedly refreshed.

+1000xp and full HP for everyone who was in the light (so that is Dolgrim, Fenwick, Oberon and Grimma)! Also, I did not award xp for the last session in the tomb area, so that will be up shortly.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

This is enough XP to move Fenwick to 2nd level. Should I do this now or wait until resting, etc?