I'll provide you with six stats and starting gold, you can arrange the stats as you wish and buy whatever equipment you like with the gold you have. Here are the guidelines:
Use the latest White Box rules (PDF link)
By-the-book, with these changes:
- Max hit points at first level
- Fighters get a +1 BHB at first level
- Keep encumbrance simple, as per the rules, assume your 'standard' equipment weighs 10 lbs., to this add any armor and weapon weight and any coins at 10 per pound
- Fighters only get +1 to-hit and damage (melee or hand-hurled weapons) for a STR of 15+, all classes get -1 to-hit/dmg for STR of 6-, and +/- 20lbs carry capacity for the same values.
- A DEX of 13 or higher gives anyone +1 to-hit with missile weapons, 8 or less is -1 to-hit.
- Spell-casters get an adjustment of +/- 1 to the target's saving throw vs. spells, when it applies, for INT (magic-users) or WIS (clerics) of 15+ or 6-
- Holmes scroll rules - M-Us and Clerics can create scrolls of spells they know for 100gp per spell level and 1 week's labor
- M-Us begin play with a spell book containing all 1st level spells. Anything else must be found or bought. Clerics do not have spellbooks, they just pray for spells each day.
- Dwarves can see in the dark up to 60 feet, assuming no other light source brighter than moonlight is nearby.
- All players speak common. Clerics also speak their alignment language (law or chaos), which is more of a limited language used for religious ceremony. Other languages as per the rules, including the additional language for every point of INT above 10. I'll get a list you can choose from if needed.
- Halflings of average or higher intelligence (9+) can speak Gnome and Elvish.
Here is some bbcode you can use for your PCs, you can 'select all', then copy & paste into your post. Feel free to remove what does not apply, or add anything I've forgotten.
- Code: Select all
.~-= [b]Name[/b] =-~.
[color=Brown]Class & Levels[/color] :
[color=Brown]Experience Points[/color] :
[color=Brown]XP Bonus[/color] :
[color=Brown]Hit Dice[/color] :
[color=Brown]Hit Points[/color] : /
[color=Brown]Armour Class[/color] : front/rear
[color=Brown]Base Hit Bonus[/color] :
[color=Brown]Saving Throw[/color] :
(Total lbs for [b] base move[/b])
[b]Class or Profession:[/b]
[b]Cost:[/b] GP per week
The above looks like this:
.~-= Name =-~.
Class & Levels :
Experience Points :
XP Bonus :
Hit Dice :
Hit Points : /
Armour Class : front/rear
Base Hit Bonus :
Saving Throw :
(Total lbs for base move)
Class or Profession:
Cost: GP per week