The Journey Begins - Ethanfeld

Merias' White Box game
RhinoDino1973

Re: The Journey Begins - Ethanfeld

Post by RhinoDino1973 »

Pappas, having just finished with Gerhard, calls out to Guntram. "Don't forget your advance my good man!"
Guntram stops, and shakes his head, then turns to Pappas and the group. "Oh, of course. These sovereigns may be useful. My friends, is there an apothecary in the area that I may procure healing salves from? Where we are headed, these may come in handy."

RhinoDino1973

Post by RhinoDino1973 »

Mr. DM, is 30 gp enough to purchase a healing potion? As for the rest of the group, should we hire torchbearers and an extra soldier or two? Just a thought. I've got a bad feeling about this . . .

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

greyarea wrote:Fenwick thanks Pappas for the advance. Not quite enough time for me to scribe a scroll, Grimma. Not by a long shot. Do you happen to know where I might purchase one instead? I'd prefer to have more magic at my disposal, if I can.
Grimma thinks for a moment. "Some added spell-power may come in handy. How long 'ya need?"

thewegger

Post by thewegger »

Dolgrim says his thanks and goodnights and gets his advance from Pappas. He heads out to purchase a stout shield and a few other misc supplies before heading to bed.

I'm all for chipping in on hirelings if they're available.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

RhinoDino1973 wrote:Guntram stops, and shakes his head, then turns to Pappas and the group. "Oh, of course. These sovereigns may be useful. My friends, is there an apothecary in the area that I may procure healing salves from? Where we are headed, these may come in handy."
"A fine suggestion. Magical healing I'm afraid is gard to come by in these parts. But Elbert may have some poultices left from our last visit from Adwic," Lord Ingwold says. "Grimma, please procure these items if they are available, and tell Elbert I will settle with him later."

Gimma nods. "Yes, m'Lord."

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fenwick replies, It will take a week or so if I were to create the scroll myself. I fear that is too long, hence my desire to find a place where we might be able to purchase scriven magic. It is certainly not something I can do en route -- one slip of the pen and there can be nasty side effects if the spell were to work at all. So, is there a magic shop or can you give me a week? Else, we travel as we are and may as well leave immediately, by my determination.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

greyarea wrote:Fenwick replies, It will take a week or so if I were to create the scroll myself.
"They will have such available at Wessex Keep, it is but another day to our journey. This adds a bit of risk as we venture outside the river valley, but this is still familiar territory for me. I am fine with it if you are," Grimma says.
RhinoDino1973 wrote:Mr. DM, is 30 gp enough to purchase a healing potion? As for the rest of the group, should we hire torchbearers and an extra soldier or two? Just a thought. I've got a bad feeling about this . . .
No healing magic in these parts, but Grimma is seeing if there are any poultices available.

You think it unlikely that you will find men-at-arms here, since you have essentially been hired as the men-at-arms in this scenario :). It's possible you could find a farmer's son or similar to act as a torch-bearer/porter, but it may be pricey - the town is aware of the happenings in Grimmsgate, and you have no local reputation to fall back on.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

One day versus a week? I feel it may be worth the risk, if it means starting this investigation sooner and better prepared, replies Fenwick. Let us stop at this keep, they might have the healing magics that Guntram seeks and we can better arm ourselves.

I myself am wary of hirelings. They are far too fickle. I prefer charming my friends to buying them.

RhinoDino1973

Post by RhinoDino1973 »

You think it unlikely that you will find men-at-arms here, since you have essentially been hired as the men-at-arms in this scenario :). It's possible you could find a farmer's son or similar to act as a torch-bearer/porter, but it may be pricey - the town is aware of the happenings in Grimmsgate, and you have no local reputation to fall back on.
Ok, makes sense. I'm just worried about dying, lol! I'm also worried about getting all that sweet loot back! However, I'm cool with no hirelings. I would like to spend 25 my 30 gold sovereigns on a vial of holy water.

Guntram cocks his head, and states "It occurs to me that Perhaps hiring extra assistance would be difficult. Regarding the journey to Wessex Keep, I believe a one day detour is acceptable. What Mr. Fenwick acquires there may save our lives. I for one place great value on my life and it's certainly worth a day delay! May the Goddess keep you all safe."

Guntram exits the room to purchase a vial of holy water, then retire to his sleeping quarters for the evening.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Gerhard looks at the stack of gold coins. His eyes widen at the sight of so much gold.
He looks at Grimma, You know where I can trade this bow in and get a proper longbow? Also, I'll be needing some leather armor. Maybe you can convince his lordship to provide one for me for free? If not, then he can have all my gold. I'm used to being broke...