The Journey Begins - Ethanfeld

Merias' White Box game
RhinoDino1973

Re: The Journey Begins - Ethanfeld

Post by RhinoDino1973 »

Guntram enters the common room, disheveled black hair waving gently. He wears his chainmail, his pack, and his flail. Guntram smiles as he looks around and quietly says to himself
"The Goddess has blessed me on my journey. I have found stout companions and we prepare for our grand adventure! What does the Goddess have in store for me?"
Guntram makes a sign with his hand, a circular motion, over his chest then looks to the sky. More loudly he states:
"Good morning my friends! Let us eat this bounty before us and then embark!"

Thoughts on marching order?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fenwick says,I should neither lead nor be at the rear. Somewhere in the middle, perhaps, so that my spells might be effective when needed but leaving me with stout defense.

thewegger

Post by thewegger »

Dolgrim is visibly excited at the prospect of adventure and travel. "Good morning my new friends. What a good morning to begin our journeying on this good morning!" He claps Guntram heartily on the back before digging in to his breakfast.

"Mr. Fenwick, if you're looking for stout defense, I think I'm the stoutest here! I will march in front of you, unless our friends have a better tactics in mind."

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Gerhard enters the common room late, his eyes are bleary and he looks hungover.
He finds a serving girl, Bacon, thick bread, and six eggs...and I'll be needing some hot tea to wash it down.

I caught that last bit about marching order...in the forest, i can scout either front, side, or back. I got an advantage in the forest over the heavy armor in our party. If we are going down the road, I'll scout up ahead or set back in the rear. If we are in some confined tunnel...well, I'm not a tunnel rat, but keep some armor between me and my target and I will kill as many as I can.

RhinoDino1973

Post by RhinoDino1973 »

He claps Guntram heartily on the back before digging in to his breakfast.
Guntram is nearly knocked over by Dolgrim’s hearty welcome. He recovers, rubs his arm and states:

“My brothers at the monastery always preferred I stay last in line wherever we went. I always thought this odd since my mind does wander with my visions, but that’s precisely why they insisted on that position. They told me I was blessed and the Goddess showed special favor towards me. My brothers told me I was the last in line but first to know if something was amiss. I still think it odd, but I am comfortable in the back.”

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Yes, that all sounds good, says Fenwick, agreeing with the marching order. Let's meet here on the morn to head out? Say, once we've broken our fast?

thewegger

Post by thewegger »

greyarea wrote:Yes, that all sounds good, says Fenwick, agreeing with the marching order. Let's meet here on the morn to head out? Say, once we've broken our fast?
I believe it already is the next morning :) Where to from here? On to the wilderness travel thread?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

But what about second mornings? :D

Thanks for pointing that out. Sounds like we're all ready to go
:)

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »