Merias' White Box game
jcftao

Re: Onward to Wessex Keep and Grimmsgate

Post by jcftao »

Gerhard mutters under his breath, "What a dump!"

Mike

Post by Mike »

Oberon takes off his helm and dips his head a little, "We're here to help, from the look of things, you could use some good fortune."

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

The guard considers this, eyeing the party.

"You look a bit under the weather yerself's. What's with the little fellow?" he says, motioning the crossbow at Bart.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Oberon scratches his head for a moment then points to the sky, "Yes, under the weather. Weather up there. We, down here. You are a smart man. The Town elders put the right man in charge that's a certainty."

Oberon motions to his colleagues, "At your lord's request we have travelled under this weather and been accosted by goblins and wolves. This small thing here is a goblinette - bit like a Snicket but less musk glands. Anyway; we killed everything that stood before us except Bart here who was clever enough to join us."

Oberon beams, "There, you know everything. Can we come in from under the weather and spend some money in your town before we save it thank you?"

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

The guard seems satisfied with your explanation, and disappears from view. A minute later, the portcullis slowly rises, screeching as it does so.

The guard appears from behind the open portcullis. "I'm bettin' you'll wanna stop in at the Silver Dagger, straight ahead," the guard says. He points to a large building about 50 feet away, its sign out front swaying in the wind.

The village itself is small, even by your standards - a handful of buildings are visible from your vantage at the gate. To your west, across from the Inn, is what appears to be a trading post. Beyond that, further north you see what look like farmhouses, several of them in a row. A few other buildings lay to the north and east, mostly obscured by the Inn.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Gerhard looks at the rest of the company, "Who needs a drink? I need to get out of this weather and find a cozy fire and some decent ale."

Mike

Post by Mike »

Oberon grins, "I'm parched, we should regroup and find someone to talk to about our mission. My round!"

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fenwick says, Your round? I like the sound of that Oberon. Come on, Bart.

thewegger

Post by thewegger »

After a wet sneeze, Dolgrim says, "I'm done with this rain. Mulled wine and the fire for me."

Mike

Post by Mike »

Oberon is more than happy to provide a hearty ale or mead for his new friends. He'll also ply the locals with a few drinks in the hope of dislodging a rumour or two...

OCC maybe spend 20 or so to make a few friends?