Onward to Wessex Keep and Grimmsgate

Merias' White Box game

Re: Onward to Wessex Keep and Grimmsgate

Postby thewegger » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:41 pm

After some muffled grumbling over being awaken, Dolgrim readies his sling, makes sure that his axe is within reach and peers into the darkness to see what is out there.

Dolgrim will hold his ground and attack the first enemy possible.
User avatar
thewegger
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: Onward to Wessex Keep and Grimmsgate

Postby RhinoDino1973 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:15 pm

Hearing Fenwick, Guntram nods and readies his weapon.
User avatar
RhinoDino1973
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:14 am

Re: Onward to Wessex Keep and Grimmsgate

Postby jcftao » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:17 pm

Gerhard nocks an arrow and lets it fly at the wolf's throat...
User avatar
jcftao
 
Posts: 914
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am

Re: Onward to Wessex Keep and Grimmsgate

Postby Mike » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:38 am

OCC: Do the humanoids appear to have missile weapons either readied or available?
User avatar
Mike
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:34 am

Re: Onward to Wessex Keep and Grimmsgate

Postby merias » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:05 am

Mike wrote:OCC: Do the humanoids appear to have missile weapons either readied or available?


They appear to have only hand-held weapons - from this distance, and in the moonlight, they could be swords or hand axes, it is hard to tell.
User avatar
merias
Site Admin
 
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 am
Location: Eastern Townships, Québec

Re: Onward to Wessex Keep and Grimmsgate

Postby Mike » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:13 am

Oberon advances slowly with a view to meeting the enemy within short range of missile fire but slow enough for the party to launch a

"Fighters advance, archers volley, wizards...wizard!"

Oberon roars and bellows; if they don't know they're outnumbered this might give them pause for thought.
User avatar
Mike
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:34 am

Re: Onward to Wessex Keep and Grimmsgate

Postby greyarea » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:33 am

Fenwick is startled by Oberon's approach, but rolls with it, seeking out the victim he will charm.
User avatar
greyarea
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Re: Onward to Wessex Keep and Grimmsgate

Postby Mike » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:38 am

"Finish the wolf and they're done for." Yells Oberon.
User avatar
Mike
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:34 am

Re: Onward to Wessex Keep and Grimmsgate

Postby merias » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:52 pm

[Morale check 2d6=10]

Oberon bellows, yet the humanoids charge in, swords drawn, yelling what Fenwick understands as Goblin. The wolf charges alongside them, snarling in anticipation.

Initiative Party 5 Goblins 4

Dolgrim fires off a sling stone at the group that flies wide.

Gerhard fires off a volley of arrows at the wolf, both sink into the wolf's flank and the creature yelps in pain.

Fenwick thinks he is close enough to ensorcell one of the humanoids, he utters the words imprinted in his memory, and the nearest Goblin stops in his tracks. You can see he is looking back and forth at Fenwick and his Goblin friends as they run past him.

Oberon, Grimma and Guntram meet the charge and weapons clash. True to his weapon's moniker, a mighty blow of Oberon's
morning star cracks the skull of one Goblin, dropping him before he can strike. Grimma moves in with her sword but can't connect a solid blow. Sleepy Guntram swings his flail but also to no effect.

The one Goblin still in play rushes at Grimma but she easily sidesteps his sword attack.

The enraged wolf leaps, his fangs finding purchase in Oberon's thigh, drawing fresh blood.

Status:

Code: Select all
+----------+----------+----------+
|Grimma    |Full HP   |          |
+----------+----------+----------+
|Oberon    |4/7       |          |
+----------+----------+----------+
|Fenwick   |6/6       |<0>       |
+----------+----------+----------+
|Dolgrim   |7/7       |          |
+----------+----------+----------+
|Guntram   |6/6       |          |
+----------+----------+----------+
|Gerhard   |7/7       |          |
+----------+----------+----------+


Goblin #1: KILLED
Goblin #2: Unwounded
Goblin #3: CHARMED
Wolf: Badly wounded

Mechanics:

Dolgrim d20+1=6+1 MISS

Gerhard
[Here a 'volley' corresponds to the WB RoF of 2/round for bows]
11+3=13 HIT dmg d6-1=6-1=5
9+3=12 HIT dmg d6-1=4-1=3

Fenwick target save 1d20+4=6+4=10 FAIL

[I gave him a hefty bonus because your side had already started attacking, but it did not matter anyway]

Oberon 1d20+1=11+1=12 HIT dmg 1d6+1=6+1=7

Grimma 1d20+1=9+1=10 MISS

Guntram 1d20=3 MISS

Goblin #2 v. [who? 1d3=1] Grimma 1d20=5 MISS
Wolf v. [who? 1d3=2] Oberon 1d20=19 HIT dmg 1d6=3

Code: Select all
                    Rocky hill
                  ....
            ... ..   .....
           ..            ..
            ..             .
             .           ...
             ...     .....                   Rocky hill
               .......                      .. ........
                                           ..         ...
                                           .            .
                                           ..          ..
                           W                ..        ..
         ^                  Ob               .. Spring.
         |       G3    G1                     .........
         N                   Gr                  Camp
                       G2                 Ge
                            Gu
                                          Do

                                            Fe


                        Rocky hill
                            ....
                        .....   ....
                      ...           .
                      ....         ..
                         ..        .
                          ..      .
                           .......
User avatar
merias
Site Admin
 
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 am
Location: Eastern Townships, Québec

Re: Onward to Wessex Keep and Grimmsgate

Postby merias » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:58 pm

Those who fired missile weapons last round can drop them and join melee this round, or stow them properly, but if they stow them they have to wait a round to enter melee. Firing into melee is possible but not advisable due to the risk of hitting an ally.
User avatar
merias
Site Admin
 
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 am
Location: Eastern Townships, Québec

PreviousNext

Return to Grimmsgate

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron