Grimmsgate Village

Merias' White Box game
Mike

Re: Grimmsgate Village

Post by Mike »

Oberon nods solemnly and rests a mailed hand on Stevin's shoulder, "We surely can help, I've seen these lads and lass fight; they're the stuff of legend. Now what can you tell us about the ford. Potentially a bit tricky according to your men?"

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Mike wrote:Oberon nods solemnly and rests a mailed hand on Stevin's shoulder, "We surely can help, I've seen these lads and lass fight; they're the stuff of legend. Now what can you tell us about the ford. Potentially a bit tricky according to your men?"
Stevins nods. "The ford's just a ford, due northeast about a league. From there you can follow the river south to the temple. Funny you mention the ford. Come to think of it, I haven't seen old Strig in a week or so, he usually comes across there every few days to visit Pantro's place. No matter, he's been gone for longer than that before, probably not having much luck with his traps."

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fenwick mutters, No that isn't ominous at all... then says out loud, Is there anything you can tell us of the Temple and its layout? If not you, then can you suggest someone who might know more?

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

greyarea wrote:Fenwick mutters, No that isn't ominous at all... then says out loud, Is there anything you can tell us of the Temple and its layout? If not you, then can you suggest someone who might know more?
"The only man around who might have some recollection of the old temple is Rhall, you'll find him in the Temple of Law," Stevins says as he points across the village, in the direction of the dilapidated temple you saw earlier. "A nice enough priest, but he's been keeping to himself lately, and I'm sure you noticed he's been letting that building go. Can't say as I blame him, folks lost faith things would ever get better."

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Gerhard eyes Fenwick and says, "Has this priest been acting strange and keeping to himself all of a sudden now, or has he always been like that?"

He scratches his beard a moment and continues, "And if he has been acting strange lately, did something happen to bring that on? I mean...if'n he's lettin' the temple all go to hell and such, maybe he's got somethin' else on his mind..."

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fenwick nods back to Gerhard, Maybe he does at that. And maybe we ought to find out.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Oberon points to the temple, "Thanks Stevin, we'll seek an audience with Rhall the priest. He might even have some divine aid to offer. Mind you, where I come from, the gods are best avoided if you don't want a sound smiting."

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

You bid farewell to Stevin just as dusk overtakes the village. As you move away from the inn and towards the temple, the rest of the village comes into view. You see stables directly behind the inn itself, and what looks like a smithy off to the east.

The Temple of Law is long but a single storey, with a small spire above the center of the roof. Almost the entire western half of the roof is sagging and you can see several cracks where rivulets of water from the recent rains are leaking in. You approach the main doors of the temple after picking your way through the weed-infested garden, observing that the two stout wooden doors are pitted and weathered. Above the doors a chalice is engraved and painted in faded gold (Guntram recognizes it as the sign of Teilo Sant, God of Providence). A tarnished brass bell hangs next to the leftmost door. All is quiet save for the sound of a bird cawing, from somewhere inside.

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

"Well..!" Dolgrim grunts contendedly while hoisting up his belt, clearly refreshed by the visit to the Silver Dagger and put in a good mood by Miralda's spiced grouse. "Let's see if this Rhall is at home...", he says in a cheerful voice as he starts reaching out for the brass bell...

Mike

Post by Mike »

Wouter wrote:"Well..!" Dolgrim grunts contendedly while hoisting up his belt, clearly refreshed by the visit to the Silver Dagger and put in a good mood by Miralda's spiced grouse. "Let's see if this Rhall is at home...", he says in a cheerful voice as he starts reaching out for the brass bell...
"Give it a tug man; it's a bell-pull not a serpent." Says Oberon with a grin.