Grimmsgate Village

Merias' White Box game
merias
Site Admin

Grimmsgate Village

Post by merias »

The inn is a large, two-story building with a wooden sign out front painted to represent a silver dagger. It has recently been painted, and shows other signs of attempted repairs, but this is obviously an old building and the repairs are not expertly done. As you draw nearer, one of the wooden roof shingles comes loose with a gust of wind and slides down, falling to the ground in the overgrown grass.

You enter into a coat room of sorts with a dozen small wooden pegs on the walls. Two cloaks hang there. To your right, through a large doorway you see a common room. A tall, slender man with a bald head and intense gaze greets you as you enter.

"Hello, travelers! Ralmar Prath is the name. Welcome to the Silver Dagger and make yourselves comfortable. My lovely wife Miralda will be over shortly to take your orders. Might I suggest the spiced grouse? A local specialty," Ralmar says as he motions you forward, taking your wet cloaks and hanging them for you as you pass.

The common room is is, well common enough. The floor could use some polish and you see cracks in the walls. But it is dry and you settle in at a free table. You see two men seated at a nearby table, they look at you as you walk in but say nothing.

After a minute a short, stocky woman with graying hair comes over to take your order. "Greetings gentlemen..and ladies, I'm Miralda. You look like you've come a long way and could use some refreshment. What'll it be?"

Mike

Re: Grimmsgate Village

Post by Mike »

Oberon beams, "Spiced grouse for all present my good lady."

OCC so we're the only one's here?

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Mike wrote:Oberon beams, "Spiced grouse for all present my good lady."

OCC so we're the only one's here?
There are two others in the common area, mentioned above.

Mike

Post by Mike »

OCC: Apologies, saw the cloaks, missed the guys...

Oberon motions to the two other men, "Drinks for our new friends too please. Join us. Share your tales and troubles."

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

The two men turn at Oberon's invitation, you see one is older, perhaps middle-aged but fit, and one is younger. They wear dirty pants, boots and dark tunics. They stand and move towards your table. You notice they avoid Bart as they sit.

"That's mighty fine of ya, sir...I'm Haggart, this is Brume. We're farm hands over at Stevin's place. You all look a little ragged if ya don't mind me sayin' so. What brings you to these parts?" Haggart (the older one) says. "Most folks who come here from the civilized lands have a rough time of it, hell we're havin' a rough time of it."

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fenwick greets the two men and asks Bart to stay close.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Oberon nods and smiles. He goes around the table naming the party members but leaves Fenwick to introduce Bart if he so chooses.

"Friends Haggart and Brume, I hear things have gone from bad to worse hereabouts since that Blackmarsh Ranger vanished; now it's not safe to leave the confines of the town. What can you tell us about recent events?"

OCC: If they don't seem too forthcoming, Oberon will offer"

"Your lord Ingwold has charged us with the task of getting to the bottom of these disappearances. There might be more than a drink in it for you both if you have worthwhile information."

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

"Yeah, the Ranger. Also, we had that fella sent by Lord Ingot, or whatever his name is. Nice fella, but he disappeared too, nary a word. Lately a month doesn't go by we lose someone - Dorgen the trapper just last week. We have barely enough people now to keep things going. Some folks blame the old temple, but that's a lot of superstition, I'm thinking we got some monster on the loose," Haggart says, eyeing Bart.

Brume chimes in "You fellas look like you're ready for fightin', you here to help?" Then, more quietly, "What're you doing with him?" he asks, pointing at Bart.

Miralda interrupts to bring you all bowls of a spiced stew, what you assume is the grouse. It smells good, at least.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fenwick smiles at the two men. He is under my glamour, he says, for I am a mighty wizard. Do not test my power. Were I not, do you think Ingwold would have chosen me for this task?

Tell us more of this old temple.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Oberon nods sagely, "Not two nights ago, a terrible skyworm terrorised the southern plains; its wings blotted out the sun. Well, a bit of it. Fenwick here transformed it into the harmless little green fellow you see before you; such is his power. Now, you were about to tell us all about this temple..."