Grimmsgate Village

Merias' White Box game
Wouter

Re: Grimmsgate Village

Post by Wouter »

Dolgrim looks over his shoulder at Oberon with a sheepish look on his face, mumbles something, and then pulls down firmly on the bell-pull a couple of times.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Wouter wrote:Dolgrim looks over his shoulder at Oberon with a sheepish look on his face, mumbles something, and then pulls down firmly on the bell-pull a couple of times.
Oberon beams, "Well done sir, you're the finest dwarf I've yet met; which is saying something, they're doughty warriors to a fault. Now let's hope we haven't caught this priest in the middle of some bloody sacrifice and the summoning of his ancestral horde. They do that sort of thing you know. In my lands it's best to slay a priest before he can utter some ensnaring chant. Probably best if I stand at the back...Where's Guntram when you need him?"

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Just as Dolgrim rings the bell, the door on your right creaks open. A man greets you, a dim light illuminating the room behind him. "Hello, friends, I am Rhall. My companion here alerted me to your presence, he keeps me informed you see," as he speaks, Rhall moves his right arm forward, releasing a raven who flies up and past you, disappearing quickly from sight in the darkening sky. Rhall is middle aged, with a receding hairline, a stout belly and pasty skin, as if he has not seen the sun in a while. His left arm is missing, as evident from the empty sleeve of his robes. "Please, please come in, I have not had visitors in some time, so you must excuse the state of things here. I have been waiting for help from Ethanfeld for some time, I was promised an acolyte. Although I see you have a priest among you..." - Rhall pauses here to look at Guntram - "I do not think he is here to help me. Perhaps your quest is greater than one man and one temple, no? How can I help?" Rhall motions for you to come in as he speaks.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fenwick watches the raven with interest. I need to get one of those, he muses as he enters the temple. It would make an excellent familiar.

He says to Rall, We are seeking information on the old temple. We are here to help cleanse it, it seems, and were told that you could tell us more.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

greyarea wrote:Fenwick watches the raven with interest. I need to get one of those, he muses as he enters the temple. It would make an excellent familiar.

He says to Rall, We are seeking information on the old temple. We are here to help cleanse it, it seems, and were told that you could tell us more.
"Cleanse the old temple?" Rhall asks, looking your group over."Did Lord Ingwold send you? The Elder Temple has been abandoned in ruin for centuries. Legend has it that a young priest fell to temptation and released an evil that killed all the temple inhabitants. We could discount such tales, were it were not for our plight. My friends tell me strange creatures are now seen in the woods near the temple, even during daylight hours. 'Hairless ones' would be the nearest translation. With the disappearances, and with so many despondent, I fear the evil in the temple is waking after all these years. In my day I would have jumped at the chance to delve into such a place, but now I am just one crippled man against a rising tide, so if you are here to help it is most welcome."

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Gerhard speaks to the priest.

"Beings you don't have any parishioners...do you think you could spare us some holy water? Doesn't appear that you'll be running out of it anytime soon..."

"Or maybe some holy concoctions or such that can heal a wounded fellow..."

Mike

Post by Mike »

jcftao wrote:Gerhard speaks to the priest.

"Beings you don't have any parishioners...do you think you could spare us some holy water? Doesn't appear that you'll be running out of it anytime soon..."

"Or maybe some holy concoctions or such that can heal a wounded fellow..."
Oberon whispers to Gerhard, "Ask for some Demon Smiting Ungent. Just in case."

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

"Let me see what I can do," Rhall says. He disappears for a few moments, coming back with a small sack, which he hands carefully to Guntram. "I don't have much for you, I'm afraid. But there is some of what you requested. If you ever need more powerful healing magics, see me straight away and I will help as best I can. Unfortunately, I am no longer in the shape I once was, or I would accompany you. But if you follow the path northeast out of the village to the ford, the temple is thereafter two leagues south, along the river. May Teilo go with you on your journey," Rhall nods slightly as he says this last bit.

In the sack Guntram finds a potion bottle and two vials of what he surmises is holy water.

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

"Thank you for your blessing of Law, father," Dolgrim says as he nods back to Rhall. Looking at the sky and soflty stroking his beard he turns to the others: "Night will be here soon. I'd feel more comfortable traveling to the Eldar Temple in broad daylight. If it's the same to you, I suggest we get a good night's rest at the Silver Dagger before we leave..." He rubs his hands together and licks his lips: "And maybe see if there's still some of that grouse left!" he adds avidly.
Last edited by Wouter on Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Oberon nods, "Wise counsel Dolgrim, let's repair to the inn and leave at first light. We don't want this priest turning one of us into something unsavoury to appease his cruel god."