The Ford

Merias' White Box game

Moderator: merias

Re: The Ford

Postby greyarea » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:42 pm

Fenwick follows Dolgrim wondering if he can get a spell off.
User avatar
greyarea
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Re: The Ford

Postby Mike » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:19 am

Oberon turns the body over with his boot, "Brave or foolhardy, it died a warrior's death. Well done, Gerhard, you fight with glory, like a Northerner!"

"So, do we think these vermin were just collecting the skulls or were they responsible for the huge pile of bones? I feel they were collectors only. Though why, I cannot say."

Oberon stands guard keeping a watchful eye whilst others investigate the camp site if they choose.
User avatar
Mike
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:34 am

Re: The Ford

Postby jcftao » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:52 am

Gerhard grins at Oberon, "I'm just glad there were no more of those big bastards! I could hear Dolgrim's ribs creak when that giant bugger whacked 'im. Poor devil. He won't be able to bend down to lace his boots for two months!"

"Let's have a look in that sack, Oberon. He sure was guardin' it wit his life, wasn't he?"

Gerhard takes a look at the sack. He'll also check the body for any valuables.
User avatar
jcftao
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am

Re: The Ford

Postby Mike » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:32 am

"Dolgrim seems to be made of pretty stern stuff. He could even be a Northerner if he was a bit taller and less beardy. Plus, I'm pretty sure he never takes his boots off." Oberon mumbles. He continues to keep a eye out for other skull collectors...
User avatar
Mike
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:34 am

Re: The Ford

Postby Wouter » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:03 pm

Dolgrim steps into the camp clearing, grinning: "A Northerner, eh? No thanks, too cold for my liking. I'm fine, by the way. Just a little sore, that's all..." Admiringly he looks down at the two dead hobgoblins: "Well done..! Did you get anything out of these two? The big one had nothing on him... Well, at least they won't be collecting any more skulls, that's for sure," he notes with satisfaction as he gently pushes one of the corpses with his foot.
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: The Ford

Postby Mike » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:45 pm

Oberon turns to Dolgrim, "All we got out of him was a bit of a gurgle just at the end. So if this group collects the skulls, who do you think turns the bodies into bones in the first place? And what do they want with the skulls?"

Oberon takes off his helmet for a proper scratch at his own skull, "We'll find the answers at the temple I'm guessing."
User avatar
Mike
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:34 am

Re: The Ford

Postby merias » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:37 pm

You do a thorough search of the camp, including the sack and hobgoblin bodies.

The fire you notice has bits of leather and metal in it, like it was used to burn clothing.

Once the skulls are moved out of the way, the sack holds a pile of gold and silver coins (230 gold, 188 silver), along with a pair of leather boots. A small tag within the right boot is inscribed with curious writing.

Image

Fur-cap wears leather armor and has a pitted sword.

The other hobgoblin is armed similarly, but has a belt pouch which contains an ivory pipe. An owl is carved on the bowl, and you find a smaller, black leather pouch within full of a fragrant pipe weed.
User avatar
merias
Site Admin
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 am
Location: Southern Quebec

Re: The Ford

Postby greyarea » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:00 pm

Fenwick takes a close look at the boot tag, to see if he can figure out what this is
User avatar
greyarea
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Re: The Ford

Postby greyarea » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:03 pm

Looks like these were a gift, says the purple mage. He tries them on and then tries leaping in the boots.
User avatar
greyarea
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Re: The Ford

Postby merias » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:24 pm

Fenwick puts on the boots and immediately feels light in the feet, almost buoyant. He leaps straight up and thanks whatever Gods he holds dear that he was in a clearing, he shoots up 10 feet off the ground before landing lightly.
User avatar
merias
Site Admin
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 am
Location: Southern Quebec

PreviousNext

Return to Grimmsgate

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron