The Ford

Merias' White Box game

Moderator: merias

Re: The Ford

Postby Wouter » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:30 pm

Dolgrim gets up and moves over to the ogre/giant's body and takes a closer look: does he have anything of interest on him?
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: The Ford

Postby merias » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:33 pm

Wouter wrote:Dolgrim gets up and moves over to the ogre/giant's body and takes a closer look: does he have anything of interest on him?


The ogre is wearing nothing but his loin cloth.
User avatar
merias
Site Admin
 
Posts: 633
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 am
Location: Southern Quebec

Re: The Ford

Postby Wouter » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:42 pm

Dolgrim wipes his hand axe clean with the loin cloth and checks the blade for any dents or chips. "Got him good, indeed..." he murmurs to himself. Turning to Guntram, Grimma, Fenwick and Bart: "So, where did the other one go?"
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: The Ford

Postby greyarea » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:55 pm

Fenwick peeks from behind his tree. I didn't see where he went. Anyone here a tracker?
User avatar
greyarea
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Re: The Ford

Postby jcftao » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:12 pm

Consumed by hatred for these creatures and wanting nothing more than to rid the lands of them Gerhard releases an arrow at the goblin. And will continue with more arrows until it is dead.
User avatar
jcftao
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am

Re: The Ford

Postby Mike » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:18 am

Oberon stands ready with Skull-breaker whilst Gerhard riddles the evil foe with arrows.

In the unlikely event the goblin isn't pin-cushioned into submission and makes a bid to either flee or attack Gerhard, Oberon will pursue or intervene as required. Until then Oberon yells at the surviving goblin in common: "Put down your weapon you nasty wee beastie; any information you have might be worth your sorry life! You can't out run a Gerhard arrow. Surrender now!"

OCC: by glancing at the dying fire and surrounds does it appear that this goblin accounts for the last of the campers?
User avatar
Mike
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:34 am

Re: The Ford

Postby Wouter » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:32 am

Can Dolgrim, Guntram, Grimma, Fenwick and Bart hear the commotion down at the camp? Oberon's yelling, perhaps?
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: The Ford

Postby merias » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:00 pm

Wouter wrote:Can Dolgrim, Guntram, Grimma, Fenwick and Bart hear the commotion down at the camp? Oberon's yelling, perhaps?


Yes, the camp is not that far away. The rest of you hear both the sound of arrows being loosed and Oberon's yelling.

Gerhard lets loose with a volley of arrows, one strikes the goblin true, making him wince. He lets go of the sack and charges both of you, much more quickly than you anticipate. He aims for Oberon, but his attack hits only air as Oberon deftly steps aside. Oberon strikes back, scoring a glancing blow with skull-crusher. Gerhard drops his bow and ends the pitiful creature's life with his handaxe.

If the party is joining you, they will arrive after this, the second round, noting the two dead goblin creatures (one sporting a fur cap), the smoldering fire, and the partially empty sack.

Mechanics:

1d20+3=6+3=9 MISS
1d20+3=12+3=15 HIT 1d6=2 damage

morale roll 2d6=10

Initiative party 1 hobgoblin 6
Hobgoblin attacks who? 1d6=1 Oberon
Hobgoblin vs. Oberon 1d20=10 MISS

Oberon 1d20+1=17+1=18 HIT 1d6+1=1+1=2 damage
Gerhard 1d20=15 HIT 1d6=2 damage
User avatar
merias
Site Admin
 
Posts: 633
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 am
Location: Southern Quebec

Re: The Ford

Postby merias » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:02 pm

Mike wrote:OCC: by glancing at the dying fire and surrounds does it appear that this goblin accounts for the last of the campers?


Hard to say with a quick glance, but examining the area after the battle you note the tracks head to and from the deer track, not elsewhere. So if there were others in the camp, the headed south before you arrived.
User avatar
merias
Site Admin
 
Posts: 633
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 am
Location: Southern Quebec

Re: The Ford

Postby Wouter » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:15 pm

Dolgrim readies his hand axe and makes a dash for the camp as he hears the sound of battle.
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

PreviousNext

Return to Grimmsgate

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron