The Elder Temple

Merias' White Box game
Wouter

Re: The Elder Temple

Post by Wouter »

Can Dolgrim speak while being magically held..?

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Wouter wrote:Can Dolgrim speak while being magically held..?
I would say yes, I think of the hold person spell as kind of a magical force field preventing limb movement, but not inhibiting speaking or breathing.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Gerhard says to Fenwick, "I've been thinking about this...if Bone Nose cast some kind of spell to hold Dolgrim, then why can't you ask him to release Dolgrim from this hold...since you and him are chums now?"

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Dolgrim shouts after Fenwick: "Hey! Would you awefully mind asking your new 'friend' if he would be so kind to release me from his cheap trick?"

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fenwick is taken aback. I hadn't thought of that... he muses. :?

Loudly, so the witch-doctor can hear him: Jylagura, can you cancel your spell on our friend here? It would make going to the kitchen with you much easier.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Gerhard laughs, "Hold on a bit. Let me prop Dolgrim up here against this wall.: :D

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Jylagura waves his hands and mutters a few words, Dolgrim feels the spell's effects fade and he can move again after a few seconds.

"Now we are off to feast, eh?" Jylagura says. You leave the smell and dead bodies and Jylagura leads you (carefully) back around the pit, up the stairs and to the right, into a long corridor. There are no lights, and although Jylagura stays well ahead of your lantern, he seems to have no problem navigating the dark tunnels.

You walk past two closed doors on your right, and Jylagura stops to open a door at the end of the corridor. He walks in and you look in after him.

This room is obviously a kitchen, with a large fireplace, several wooden counters along the walls, and a table in the middle of the room. Iron cooking pots and other implements are hung by hooks from the ceiling. Six human-like creatures are sitting around the table, eating what looks like raw rat meat. They are skinny and hairless, with snout-like faces and long, claw-like fingernails. The stench of rotted flesh wafts out at you, making you gag. The not-quite-humans turn to look at Jylagura, and then you.

"The tall one is my friend, he and his friends have come to feast!"

The not-quite-humans stop eating a look at you expectantly, shielding their eyes against your lantern.

Actions?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Gerhard looks at Oberon, "Well, I'll be damned! On the count of three, you take the right side of the table...I'll take the left. One...Two..."

RhinoDino1973

Post by RhinoDino1973 »

"Three! These abominations must die!!!"
Guntram charges to the right of the table and attacks the closest beast.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Gerhard moves to the left side of the table and aims a deadly blow at the first cannibal.

"Sorry, but I ate already."