The Elder Temple

Merias' White Box game
merias
Site Admin

Re: The Elder Temple

Post by merias »

Back to #1 it is:

You enter carefully. It is dark, and there is a faint smell of age and decay on the air. There is dust and dirt scattered about the entrance hall. The carving appears to be just that - a carving in the stone. It is a bearded man, not a Dwarf, and is no one any of you recognize. The stairs descend to your right and ascend to your left. Both stairs end in small landings and turn into corridors out of sight.

Actions?

Mike

Post by Mike »

OCC: Looking both up and down the stairs, I'm guessing nothing leaps out as immediately worth investigating (or at least nothing that actually leaps out at us)?

At the landing by the carving, Oberon whispers, "I say we head down the stairs with Gerhard and Guntram moving crab-wise behind us keeping an eye out for anything that might follow us unannounced. Once we secure the lower level - work our way up to this landing where we can retreat and resupply if necessary.'

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

ooc--I like it!

Gerhard nods at Oberon's plan

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fenwick nods in agreement to the plan

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Dolgrim agrees with Oberon's plan as well.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Mike wrote:OCC: Looking both up and down the stairs, I'm guessing nothing leaps out as immediately worth investigating (or at least nothing that actually leaps out at us)?

At the landing by the carving, Oberon whispers, "I say we head down the stairs with Gerhard and Guntram moving crab-wise behind us keeping an eye out for anything that might follow us unannounced. Once we secure the lower level - work our way up to this landing where we can retreat and resupply if necessary.'
I've added Bart into the order, before Fenwick as I assume he wants to protect him.

They seem to be just stairs, and nothing is leaping out at you :).

You descend carefully, noting in your lantern light that that the corridor turns to the left and further north turns to the right, perhaps into a room. You hear no noise, but the smell of decay is ever-present. You reach the landing and those ahead move for those behind. Grimma...Oberon...Bart...

Bart and Dolgrim reach the landing just as Grimma and Oberon move away.

PM sent...

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

"Stop, not another step...!" hisses Dolgrim as Grimma and Oberon move off of the landing. "Something is off with these flagstones... I don't know how but I bet my beard on it that it's asking for trouble to step on them... Better try move around it, Bart."

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Bart nods and moves left, staying close to the wall to safely join Grimma and Oberon. "I don't know what my people have against Dwarves," he says, "Many thanks."

Now that Dolgrim can get a closer look, he sees that a large part of the landing floor is ever-so-slightly raised, he surmises it is designed to give way when enough weight is put upon it.

It was just luck that Grimma and Oberon did not trigger the floor trap, but when I rolled for Bart he did, then considered Dolgrim's ability. Since you are exploring carefully, I gave Dolgrim a 1-2 in 6 chance of seeing something amiss with the floor, and rolled a 2. This would not apply if you were running or in combat.

Actions?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fenwick follows carefully avoiding the trap.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Oberon swallows his breath! 'Well done Dolgrim, your nose for stone is priceless! Who among us has a trusty ten-foot pole?'