The Elder Temple

Merias' White Box game
Mike

Re: The Elder Temple

Post by Mike »

greyarea wrote:Fenwick greedily looks over the chest. He tries the key. If it doesn't work he will search the sleeping furs and garbage for keys.
Oberon clears his throat, 'You do realise we're sharing any loot we find. So we really should be sharing the risk too.'

RhinoDino1973

Post by RhinoDino1973 »

Guntram, of course, follows.

OOC: I assume Grimma's lantern was refilled. If not, I think I have a torch.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

The key does not fit the lock on the chest this time.

A search of the room comes up empty.

Actions?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fenwick says, I just thought since you seemed more interested in passages, you were leaving me to chest-work. Anyway, this key doesn't fit. I can't pick that lock and can't find a key in here at all. I certainly can't bust it open. So are one of you going to smash it or do we try to find a key?

Mike

Post by Mike »

greyarea wrote:Fenwick says, I just thought since you seemed more interested in passages, you were leaving me to chest-work. Anyway, this key doesn't fit. I can't pick that lock and can't find a key in here at all. I certainly can't bust it open. So are one of you going to smash it or do we try to find a key?
'I can open it will Skull-breaker. It's a multi-purpose tool.' Beams Oberon.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fenwick steps back to give him space he will exit the room down the secret passage they found and watch peeking around the corner when he smashes the chest.

Mike

Post by Mike »

greyarea wrote:Fenwick steps back to give him space he will exit the room down the secret passage they found and watch peeking around the corner when he smashes the chest.
Maximum effort! Oberon winds up for a lock/chest/contents destroying blow, 'Yeaaaarrrrgh!'

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

The chest shatters under the force of the blow, and the usual sound of splintering wood is accompanied by the sound of breaking glass. Oberon can see the chest contains a necklace of human bones and gold beads, a short sword in a scabbard, a pile of gold and silver coins, and an intricately carved sandalwood fan. The latter is now soaked with the clear liquid that was in one or more glass bottles, the shards of which lay about the floor and bottom of the chest.

Actions?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Watch yourself, don't get cut by that glass, says Fenwick as he approaches. He ignores the coins and inspects the necklace, fan, and sword, looking for signs of magic.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

greyarea wrote:Watch yourself, don't get cut by that glass, says Fenwick as he approaches. He ignores the coins and inspects the necklace, fan, and sword, looking for signs of magic.
The necklace of human bones and gold beads is worth 100gp. The sword definitely appears magical (+1 short sword). In addition, there are 161gp and 232sp. The sandalwood fan might have been worth something dry, but was quite fragile and is ruined.