The Elder Temple

Merias' White Box game
Wouter

Re: The Elder Temple

Post by Wouter »

Dolgrim's eyes sparkle at the sight of the gold and silver: "Do you guys mind if I hang on to that for now?" He asks as he greedily starts collecting the coins and safely stash them in his bags. When he stands up he grimaces as the newly acquired wealth turns out to weigh him down quite a bit. Breathing heavily, he shuffles towards the back of the room. "Not to worry, I got this." He grumbles to himself.

Dolgrim is down to a movement rate of 3...

RhinoDino1973

Post by RhinoDino1973 »

Breathing heavily, he shuffles towards the back of the room. "Not to worry, I got this." He grumbles to himself.
Guntram says, "Friend, Dolgrim, perhaps we can all help you with your burden and distribute the weight evenly? The strain looks to be heavy. I don't mind carrying my fair share. We will need your skills as a warrior soon and if you happen to be tired at the next encounter from carrying all this weight, we may not survive. The Brotherhood taught us all to contribute and help one another."

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Grudgingly Dolgrim agrees with Guntram, and he reluctantly hands him over a sack containing 150 silver pieces. "Hmm, I suppose that is a bit better..." he admits with a phony laugh as he straightens his back.

Dolgrim is now back at a movement rate of 6

Mike

Post by Mike »

'Onwards to the next room?' Suggests Oberon?

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Dolgrim nods: "Ayre, let's move on", and he makes his way into the narrow corridor leading west.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

You enter a small room, empty save for a wooden chest against the west wall. It is similar in size to the others you have seen, just slightly larger. One exit heads south into another room. A reddish trail of some substance follows the path along the floor south. Based on the amount of dust on the floor to the west, no one has gone near the chest recently.

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Dolgrim studies the chest: is it locked in any way or does it appear to be trapped? If neither is the case, he will try to open it and get a look at what goodies are inside.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

It does not appear to be locked. The only thing unusual about it is that it has thick brass 'feet' on each bottom corner, and sturdy brass trim along each edge, as if reinforced against breaking. The brass is quite tarnished.

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Dolgrim decides to keep his distance: he doesn't quite trust it... He turns to Oberon and grins from ear to ear: "Want to do the honors, Northerner? This one looks like it can take a blow from that potato peeler of yours..."

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fenwick doesn't trust it either. He nudges Oberon, Yeah, you can open it. We've got your back.