The Elder Temple

Merias' White Box game
merias
Site Admin

Re: The Elder Temple

Post by merias »

Wouter wrote:Dolgrim agrees: "Aye, but just in case the Godess is busy somewhere else right now, let's have a listen ourselves first..." and he puts his ear on the door on the north side of the room, listening intently.
Dolgrim hears faint sounds of conversation beyond the door. He is unable to make out the language or how many might be speaking, however.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Oberon whispers to Dolgrim and anyone else in whisper-shot, 'All that rotting flesh, I was expecting to be assaulted by the undead; akin to those I fled from in the Ice Thane's Court. Don't like the undead. However, one thing I know for certain, zombies don't chat. Even if they're really bored.'

Oberon tries to quietly gather the attention of the rest of the party, 'I see two ways forward: one, we shoulder our way through this door and visit bloody mayhem on the hapless souls on the other side; two, we make like skull collectors and draw them out into a hail of pointy arrows. I've a feeling that Dolgrim here can speak their tongue. What say you? Any other suggestions?'

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fenwick pulls his purple robe around himself so as to block the smell. Those who speak can usually be prey to a good sleep or charm spell. I can cast either. One in our thrall who knows the layout might come in handy.

RhinoDino1973

Post by RhinoDino1973 »

Guntram whispers "Let's draw them out . . . "

Guntram readies his flail and shield.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Oberon stands back, readies an arrow and trains it on the door before nodding to Dolgrim, 'When you're ready friend Dolgrim...'

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Dolgrim nods in acknowledgement, and looks to see if he can figure out to which side the door opens. If he can see hinges on this side of the door, he will assume it opens toward him and he will push himself against the wall furthest away from the door handle. If he cannot, he will assume the door opens away from him and he will push himself against the wall closest to the door handle. He gently pushes down on it, as quietly as possible, to see if the door is locked or not. If not, with one firm push (or pull, whichever way the door opens) he will try to let the door swing open...

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

The door opens in and is not locked...

Update later today!

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Dolgrim gives the door a firm push and it opens in.. with a loud squeak! He sees a short corridor leading to a larger room that opens to his right. The voices suddenly stop with the squeaking noise. The smell of rotten flesh is very strong. You all hear a deep, booming voice, in the common tongue yell "See what that is!"

From around the corner Dolgrim sees three squat humanoids approach, not much taller than he with pale skin and beady, red eyes. They are hairless and clothed only in tattered rags, with various pieces of bone strung from cords hanging around their neck and shoulders. Their hands are up, displaying long claws in place of nails.

You are not surprised, but neither are they, so give me your actions and we'll see what happens!

Mechanics:

1d6=4 I like to avoid repeated die rolls and just use one roll per door, if you fail, the door opens but makes some form of noise.
1d6=3 Not surprised

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Gerhard tries hard not to think about what the bones might be around the foul creatures' necks.

He lets loose a volley of arrows at the closest creature.

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Dolgrim takes a few steps back into the room and, if there is time, hurls a stone at the creature coming through the door first with his slingshot.