The Elder Temple

Merias' White Box game
Wouter

Re: The Elder Temple

Post by Wouter »

Let's go with #2 first, on the count of Oberon rather staying away from entrance #3.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

You skirt the two small groves of trees and move up the hill to the next closest tunnel entrance. You see immediately that this tunnel has been carved from the rock. The walls of the tunnel are straight and the floor is level, as far as you can see within, but this tunnel is narrower than the first, you will have to enter one at a time.

All around the opening, carved into the hillside rock, there are carvings of skulls and skeletons and ancient runes, which none of you recognize. Dolgrim's keen vision lets him see that the tunnel proceeds straight for some distance, with at least two side tunnels off to the right, perhaps 30 or 40 feet in.

Actions?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fenwick says, I dare say, I don't like single file, if we can help it. Perhaps the first entrance was better.

We should at least examine the doors at the top, even if we don't enter there. They might have some clue as to what's haunting this place.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Oberon plucks off his helmet to give his head a further, but well-deserved, scratching, "If we continue running across the hillside we stand to lose the element of surprise or draw the attention of the denizens of all three portals. Let us return to the the first opening and begin our investigation in earnest. With regard to the larger opening here's a nugget of wisdom my grandmother once shared with me whilst she sharpened her disembowelling axe: never enter a cave big enough to admit a dragon; there might be a dragon in it..."

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Gerhard grumbles, "I don't like the look of either tunnel. Let's just call them out here and deal with them out in the open."

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Let me know what you choose to do - move to #3, or back to #1, or perhaps delve into #2?

It may be worthwhile electing a caller of sorts to make minor, inconsequential decisions like this one. You know the kind, where you decide to go left into the ancient red dragon lair instead of right into the unguarded the treasure room? :). Seriously, though, I envision a PbP caller to work much like one at a game table - you chat about the options then the caller speaks for the party. Let me know what you think.

Mike

Post by Mike »

OCC: Deathly silence...

How about we return to the original plan (if there was one): enter via the lower portal with the beardy engraving on the wall and work our way up one blood-soaked step at a time. :P

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Mike wrote:OCC: Deathly silence...

How about we return to the original plan (if there was one): enter via the lower portal with the beardy engraving on the wall and work our way up one blood-soaked step at a time. :P
Sounds good to me ;)

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Let's do it! :)

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fenwick the purple calls it ;)