Chapter 6: Jodcar revisited

Wouter's White Box Game
Wouter

Chapter 6: Jodcar revisited

Post by Wouter »

It’s late in the afternoon when the party enters the village of Jodcar. Because of the wounded men and halfling the trip takes them quite a bit longer than normal, nonetheless they safely reach town. The adventurers take up residence at the Hunter's Moon to rest and dine. Innkeeper Giles grins at the sight of the long faces of the beat and broken men and woman when he serves the first round of ale: "So, how is the adventuring business treating you?" he asks mockingly.

On your last mission, you acquired:
  • A bright sapphire from the sage statue
  • 1,000 silver pieces from the treasure chest in the warded room

Furthermore, you gained some Experience Points to reach the following total XP counts:

• Dahl Kolla: 800 + 718 = 1,518 XP
  • Memphisto: 838 + 752 = 1,590 XP
  • Lisglen the Sage: 838 + 752 = 1,590 XP => reached second level
  • Van Illundra: 583 + 718 = 1,291 XP
  • Holger: 2,000 + 718 = 2,718 XP
  • Freda Briarfoot: 0 + 683 = 683 XP

Note I’ve already taken into account everyone’s XP bonus. Congratulations to kwll for Lisglen reaching second level!

kwll

Re: Chapter 6: Jodcar revisited

Post by kwll »

"Our kind of business is always dangerous, my friend, and this one is not exception. Can we have food and drink to sustain us?" answers Lisglen once he is seated at the table, trying to recover his spirits.

OOC: should I roll for additional HP?
Lisglen lvl 2 Human Cleric HP 7/10 XP 2860/3000

RhinoDino1973

Post by RhinoDino1973 »

Innkeeper Giles grins at the sight of the long faces of the beat and broken men and woman when he serves the first round of ale: "So, how is the adventuring business treating you?" he asks mockingly.
Van frowns, grunts, and says, "It's damned splendid. How's the innkeeping business?"

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Giles shrugs and his grin washes away. "Oh you know, same old..." He starts collecting the empty glasses but stops as something seems to come to his mind: "Well, I did have a couple of treasure seekers like yourselves over just the other day. Said they lost their mate to some magical door down in the catacombs under old Kal-Dokk's tower..." Giles shakes his head: "They all think dungeon delving is easy money until the first one dies..."

His gaze glides over the party: "You look pretty mangled yourself. Big rats down there, I suppose..?"
kwll wrote:OOC: should I roll for additional HP?
Definitely, I forgot about that! Rolling... 2d6 = 10 hit points from now on. Also, you get to choose a spell from the Level 1 Cleric spell list :)

sexyhamster

Post by sexyhamster »

"Big rats?!" Freda exclaims. "If only! I'd take a fat giant rat any day over what we ran into."

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Memphisto ignores the innkeeper's comments, pushes back his ale, and says, "How about something decent to drink...give us a round of your finest spirits."

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Giles runs his fingers across the scars that run from his left ear, along his jaw, down to his breast bone as he musingly stares off in the distance for a while. "Drinks, yes... Certainly!" he snaps out of his day-dream and walks back to the bar to fill shot glasses with a strong, local liquor.

If you wish, you may let me know your PC's intentions while staying in Jodcar. I'll summarize the outcome so that we can skip over the formalities of shopping ;)

Magremore

Post by Magremore »

Dahl will rest and recuperate. Once healthy, he will, with any of the others who are interested, pay a visit to Random Behner and try to discreetly learn if a fair price might be had for the gem the party has acquired, or if it be better to hold on to the sapphire for now, and try to sell it in a bigger town at some point in the future.

kwll

Post by kwll »

Lisglen will look for the elders and sages of the village, to try to obtain information about the dungeon from them. Especially, he would like to know if they have heard about the dracoharpies or anything like that.
Lisglen lvl 2 Human Cleric HP 7/10 XP 2860/3000

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

After having had something to eat, Lislglen makes a stroll around the village while dusk is falling, enjoying the fresh evening air. He comes across a small park near the edge of town where a small group of old men sit and watch the sunset, talking quietly among themselves and contentedly smoking their pipes. Lisglen strikes up a conversation to learn more about the beasts he saw in the lair under the wizard's tower: "Dracoharpies in old Kal-Dokk's dungeon, eh?" one of the men crackles. "That doesn't surprise me, really... One might be mislead by the charm of the woman, but they bear the true heart of a dragon: hoarding valuable treasure and guarding it with their life is what they do." One of the other men adds: "Probably not even the mage's summoned one dares to come close to a dracoharpy's hoard..." Sunken in thought, Lisglen returns to the Hunter's Moon to get some sleep.

The next morning, all feel rested and fit: Memphisto has taken some time alone to focus on his studies to successfully memorize his spell of sleep and the wounds of Albin, Freda, and Dahl have almost completely healed.

HP is restored to full for all, Memphisto has his sleep spell memorized. Lisglen's God of the True Light will grant him one first level spell a day.

A visit to Randoul Behner after breakfast doesn't exactly pay off. Upon Dahl showing him the sapphire he snarls: "I'm not falling for it: you won't sell me that piece of rock..." Randoul protests. "I can take that heavy old silver off your hands for a couple of gems, if you like..?" he generously offers while rubbing his hands, having keenly noticed the heavy bags that Albin, Finnur and Holger are carrying...