Chapter 7: Vermin-infested halls

Wouter's White Box Game
Wouter

Re: Chapter 7: Vermin-infested halls

Post by Wouter »

Holger, Freda, and Van join the others by carefully passing the pit trap via the ledges on either side. After 3 m the adventurers stand at the T-intersection: the corridor leading south ends at a door after 6 m and up ahead to the east the hallway turns north after 3 m.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Memphisto "How about we check the door to the south?"

Magremore

Post by Magremore »

“Having a closer look at that door sounds good to me, and perhaps Freda here can take a listen at it.”

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Freda slings her short bow onto her back and grins: "You can leave that to me!" She quietly and stealthily makes her way over to the door. A few meters down the hallway the halfling can hardly be seen anymore as she blends in with the shadows like a true master of sneaking. Holding her breath she puts an ear to cold, damp wood.

Nothing, or... Did she hear something..? Freda hesitates... Was that a soft scratching, scurrying sound on the other side? She is not quite sure, and with a doubtful look on her face she returns to the party: "Nothing, I suppose..." She says when she returns to the junction, but she doesn't sound too convinced.

kwll

Post by kwll »

"Nothing?" asks Lisglen, frowning.
Lisglen lvl 2 Human Cleric HP 7/10 XP 2860/3000

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

"Well, no voices or footsteps anyway." Freda responds pettishly, kicking some loose gravel. "This drafty place makes the doors creak, you know. It's hard to get a good listen sometimes... Why don't you big fellows go and see for yourself?" She draws her short bow and nocks an arrow. "I'll be right behind you."

kwll

Post by kwll »

"I guess we will have to do that." shrugs Lisglen. "Get ready, all of you!" he adds before cautiously opening the door.
Lisglen lvl 2 Human Cleric HP 7/10 XP 2860/3000

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

The adventurers make their way to the door, standing ready with weapons in hand. Lisglen grips the door handle and pulls it: the door opens almost effortlessly and without a sound…

The party enters the 9 m by 9 m room from the east side on the north wall. There is a large grindstone in the southwest corner and a bulging sack leans against the west wall. The east wall is covered in cobwebs and its inhabitants can be seen scuttling about the room: the two badger-sized red spiders have not yet noticed the adventurers coming in...

Please declare your actions for the surprise combat round…

Mechanics
[list]
[*]Lisglen: open door... 1d6 = 2 => SUCCESS[/list]
Status
[code]
Friends Foes

# Name HP Status # Monster Dmg. Status
---------------------------------- -----------------------------
1 Dahl Kolla 7/ 7 1 Large spider
2 Memphisto 6/ 6 2 Large spider
3 Lisglen the Sage 9/10
4 Van Illundra 4/ 7
5 Holger 7/ 7
6 Freda Briarfoot 4/ 8
7 Albin 1/ 7
[/code]

Magremore

Post by Magremore »

Looking around at the party’s other fighters, Dahl shakes his head. “I think we should back away from here and continue to explore the main corridor. We can make note of what’s in this room and come back later if we want.” He looks to Memphisto, Lisglen, and the others to see what they think.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Memphisto looks at the fighter, "Dahl, I defer to your expertise in combat. Let us explore elsewhere for now."